Pages

\

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sunday Mornin' Rain is Fallin'




So I woke up yesterday to an eerily warm morning. Should have known it was too good to last. I put myself through five hours of shopping in that skirt, sans tights as the temperature mercilessly dropped about 20 degrees. Note to self: Dear future self, always be prepared to accept December weather in December. Needless to say, I spent the remainder of the evening curled up under a blanket with a large order of take-out Chinese and brownies, watching "True Grit". What was it about, you ask? I have no clue. I lost myself about five minutes in.
I wish that I could report some really interesting stories from my uber exciting weekend full of parties and nights out, but unfortunately, all I did was work, shop, eat, and sleep. I am still completely exhausted. They (whoever "they" are) must be correct when they say that sleep breeds sleep.

On the positive side, I'm off to shoot a wedding with some really nice photographer friends who invited me to join them for the day. I'm pretty much psyched...just hoping not to have some massive fail in the line of duty...and this dreary, rainy weather goes away. Wish me luck!
Ok, so for those of you who stopped by for a recipe or craft, here's one that you (or your honey) can whip up in a matter of minutes:
Peppermint bark
Melt one bag semi-sweet chocolate chips in a double boiler. Spread in a thin layer on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Don't worry if it's not a perfect square or circle, or whatever you were going for. Repeat with one bag white chocolate, right on top. Now sprinkle one of those massive candy cane sticks, finely crushed, over the top and allow it to sit in the freezer until firm (overnight is good). Just break it into chunks and wrap it up. (The crumbs from this process are awesome in hot cocoa or coffee.) But make sure to keep some for yourself, because it's good with coffee. Not that I would know because I've been downing multiple cups a day or anything. Not me. Now go convince your man to make you some bark.

P.S. I got all of my ingredients at, you guessed it, Dollar General...so scat. Get to your nearest
"dollar" retail store and buy some chocolate.




Love,
Ramsey

14 comments:

Elle said...

i was JUST about to say, "oh, lucky you, florida girl, frolicking around without tights in december!" i'm sorry you got so cold. and were you watching the old version of true grit? because that movie is hilariously bad, if i recall correctly.

i love this outfit! i've been meaning to add full, printed skirts to my closet for quite a while and you pull them off so well!

Unknown said...

That skirt is so cute and very flattering!

Angela said...

So many things to say:
1. I love that song (your title)
2. Beautiful outfit! But no tights in December? You crazy girl! :)
3. I made peppermint bark yesterday also. I had never made it before. How do you make sure the white doesn't mix with the dark when you spread it on? It melted the dark and made my white kinda.... dirty looking. Definitely didn't look like the store bought kind. But it is delicious. So there.

Better Than a Milk Mustache

danielle @ take heart said...

a) why are you so cute

b) i keep seeing peppermint bark everywhere, i need it!

Sandy a la Mode said...

ummmmm you are soo super cute!! i am new to your blog and here to stay!! LOVE the skirt and belt you paired with it!!

Unknown said...

first off, cute outfit! Second, didn't know that title was a song: must look it up. Third, yummy! Gonna have to get my hunny to make that, or do it myself and get some kudos points wen I want something:) lol.

-Reyna
www.glamglory.blogspot.com

Kristina Clemens said...

Ok, so I hate to sound so "Oohhh, you're so adorable and natural looking", but...You're just so adorable and natural looking! =)
love that song.
Kristina J.

Kate said...

I too watched the old verison of True Grit a couple weeks ago. Man...was that movie just...bad. The main actress in it was so annoying. I couldn't really tell you what is was about either. That is so exciting you'll be shooting a wedding! Please post pictures! Loving the color combo and the side braid btw.

http://runningonhappiness.blogspot.com/

lul said...

You look incrediiiiiiiiiible! I'm loving your blog so so much.
Good luck on the wedding shoot girl!

Your 239th follower,
Lula

Alynne Leigh said...

i love your blog! (:
and your outfit.
but i love your blog more (:

Dawn said...

Hi, you look gorgeous in this post...good luck with the remix. Love your outfit it looks great on you. Drop in sometime..Dawn Suitcase Vignettes

Emmy said...

That skirt and the boots are absolutely fantastic!! And I felt the same way about True Grit...It lost my attention right away

Rachel said...

I'm jealous that you live somewhere that it's even conceivable to wear a skirt with no tights right now! Hope the wedding shooting went well :)

LO' said...

You are so so pretty! ♥