Pages

\

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Something New and Crafting Too

So...someone drank a little too much Seus juice this afternoon...or coffee, either one.




This is me modeling my newest addiction find...the jegging. For those of you who are laughing in your chairs because I just now jumped on the bandwagon and got a pair, I probably deserve it but be nice. After the old exam today I decided to treat myself to a shopping spree at Wal Mart (classy right?). Well, not really, I actually just stopped by to get some crafting supplies to make some goodies that I will share with you in a minute AAANNDD I got a little distracted in the clothes department (Yes, I sometimes buy clothes at Wally World...don't hate!). I got these little beauties for a whopping 9 (NINE) buckaroos! Go me. As you can see, they are one pair of comfortable, stretchable, adorable goodness. I might just wear them every day this week, I'm so in love. SHHH, don't tell anyone I said that! Anywayses, you should all go out and buy a pair. Seriously, they sell these everywhere, so go get some...you can thank me later.

Now, on to the crafting part. I finished all the gifts for the minis in the family. I made them hot cocoa and s'mores kits. I also made this reindeer rootbeer for the nuggets I nanny for. I just used nanny as a verb.

These are so easy, they don't even deserve a tutorial. I can't remember where I saw these the first time, but if it was you, you're awesome and let me know so I can give due credit. For mine I used pipe cleaners wrapped around the bottle cap for antlers, google eyes, and red felt cut into circles. Just hot glue your goodies onto the bottles and voila, reindeer rootbeer!

For my next act, I made the s'mores kits. SUPER easy to put together. I bagged up some graham crackers and marshmallows in zip top baggies and typed out labels for each in Microsoft Word. Print, trim to fit, fold, and staple to the top of your baggies. Then I just dolled them up in a Chinese takeout container from Wal Mart one stop shop right? with tissue paper, hot cocoa packets and mini Hersheys and added directions for s'mores indoors.

I wanted my packages to be color coordinated, so I used blue and red labels with the container, tissue combo. Also, Swiss Miss cocoa has the perfect shade of blue on their hot chocolate packets!

Instructions for s'mores indoors:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay graham crackers on a baking sheet and top with chocolate. Place a marshmallow on each cracker and bake for 3-5 minutes, until puffy and golden brown. Smoosh another graham cracker on top and enjoy while warm!

Poem on the marshmallow bag (cuz it's my favorite Christmas poem ever):
I've heard that you've been naughty, so listen, here's the scoop. I'm running low on coal this year, so you get snowman poop.
-Santa


So, there you have it, three more things on your to-do list. I promise, the crafts don't take much time and are mega adorable in person...so make them for some kiddos (or big kiddos) in your life!
By the way, did you know spell check does not recognize the word s'more? What's with that?

3 comments:

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

Girl, you are TOO cute! I was just a Wally World yesterday and bought a super cute sweater type thingy. I did not, however, see the jeggings!

Cara

krisandkel said...

You look great in your jeggings!! :) And those crafts! TOO TOO CUTE!! What a great idea for the holiday season.

<3 kris&kel
www.krisandkel.com

P.S. I see you are a fellow Floridian!

Em-Jae said...

Love the outfit!!
And, I may have to use that soda craft idea :]