Pages

\

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The story of two really bad tailgaters

IMG_3105


IMG_3103


IMG_3106


IMG_3107


IMG_3109


Button-up and shoes: Gap, Sweater: Gift from mommy-Belk, Brooch: Gift, Jeggings: Wal-Mart, Hair bow: DIY, Necklace: Thrifted, Watch and Bracelets: c/o Mimi's, Other Bracelets and earrings: F21 and Premier

So, Saturday. We decided, or rather I decided, that we were going to give the whole tailgating thing a go. After four and a half years of dating, in which we (my football lourvinnnggg beau and I) have never been. Not once. Naturally we choose one of the biggest games of the season. Because go big or go home is kinda our style. Right. And in this case, we ended up doing option B. Point A: the law school. We find that everyone has tuckered out due to the fact that they started at approximately 9am for an 8pm game. Point B: tent city. We stand in line for approximately 209437255 billion minutes for Dusty to use the potty and decide we are definitely in lot 14 (wrong lot), not lot 9 (right lot). Point C: we ask a stranger because there is zero phone service to look up a map of tailgating lots, amid mass chaos in the miagration of the crowd to the stadium (three hours to game time{??}) and are directed to lot 8. I lose it on the way to lot 8 (which, turns out, was fortunate because lot 8 is NOwhere near lot 9) and turn into a five-year-old, "imahottiredhungrysweatywantsomewingsandanapwouldbegood." Dusty is happy to oblige because we are missing his team's game to be there in the first place. We ended up falling asleep at half-time, bellies stuffed with hot wings and fries, on the couch. Lessons learned: We are officially 20-something going on 80, Dusty probably shouldn't wear the archrival's shirt when tailgating, people our age officially stink at the food part of the tailgate...store bought does not = adequate tailgate food, when you get that many 20-somethings together in one place, cell phone towers shut down, Wingstop fries are so boss, football naps really are the best.

Love,

Ramsey

15 comments:

Urban Nester said...

I love tailgating! My whole family has OSU season tickets, and tailgating is something we do every Saturday! So fun! I also love all the shades of brown! So chic!

Come visit my bloggity blog.
xo.
http://alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Love that vest!

Missa Lee said...

This cracks me up. My fiancé is a die hard tailgater for our college team; he gets there 8 hours before the game and cooks some pretty awesome food- wings, ribs, corn on the cob, potato skins, guacamole..... Mmmmmmmm. So what do I do? I show up at prime food time with my dog, hang out for a few hours until I'm full, and go home before the game even starts. Then I pick him up after the game when he is a little tipsy from 12 hours of drinking and sun. I'm happy, he's happy! ;)

Laura said...

Hahaha sounds like you learned some very valuable lessons, so I think you can count your tailgate a success :)

Cute vest!

jackie said...

haha you little grandma :) i've always wanted to try tail-gating too, but now... i'll think twice about it and make sure we're extra prepared.

Anonymous said...

You always have the best stories to share! I totally love your knit vest, can't wait to temperature to drop low, great bangle stacking!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

emma miller said...

Tailgaiting means something totally different here... I thought you and Dusty may have been out ramming cars in front of you for a date night :)

Aliya said...

I love the bow in your hair!! Great outfit!

x Aliya

Gertrude said...

That is one funny story! (Bet it wasn't while it happened hehe) Love the bag :) x

Mary Nevin said...

tailgating is always an adventure, especially navigating where everyone actually is :)

love this outfit, that bow is the perfect little detail!!

Anonymous said...

Look at you being all cute and fall. And with a pretty bow in your hair?! Love it! Sorry tailgating didn't work out. But you got yummy food and a nap, which sounds like a pretty successful day in my book :)

Oliviaaa said...

awww... tailgating is awesome! you need to try again!

The Gambrel Family said...

Loving your blog! You are adorable! I'm not much of a tailgating fan myself, not cut out for that kind of thing I guess. Wings do sound yummy right now!

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha- You all send like hubby & I. We have learned that apparently we are NOT your typical early 30's couple!!!!

I love your outfit. That sweater is AMAZING!!!

Kristen Thornburg said...

Love love love this outfit... so perfect for fall!!