Pages

\

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The art of carrying books while wearing heels

IMG_2943


IMG_2950


IMG_2949


One-piece yoga suit: c/o Purushapeople, Shirt: Sister's, Sportsbra and shoes: Nike


#1 This is what I wear when I don't wear heels.


#2 If one does wear heels, one must learn important adaptation tactics so that one does not bust one's buttox. It is always generally adviseable to test heels at home first for height. Trot around the house a few times just to be safe. Now add books. Caution: your balance will be considerably compromised from said weightage. Start small. Do not go for the gusto on your first attempt. Again, despite your {unreasonable} thinking, you will not be balances once books are added to the equation. However. Try to balance equal numbers of books, etc. on both sides. This promotes equillibrium. Or something like that. But equillibrium sounds smart. Carry band-aids incase you bite the dust. Hindsight is 20-20 on this one. If said bitage occurs, get up quickly, brush your bummage and scurry away from the scene of the accident. If all else fails, revert back to flats.


Love,


Ramsey

21 comments:

Megan said...

Love the yoga pants! I can't wait to get more back into yoga post-baby. Miss it!! and the cute yoga clothes to wear while doing it.

Meggy from Chasing Davies

Unknown said...

Hey Ramsey!
I just emailed you again. Let me know if you got it.
Thanks!
Très bien

Gentri said...

Hahaha! Love it. :) and I so wish I looked that good in work out gear!

The Hopewell House said...

I absolutely love the first picture of you! It's literally picture perfect :)

H.

Leah Marie said...

I love wearing yoga pants, or any of that comfortable exercise clothing, even when I’m not exercising! Ha ha I can’t wear really high heels for too long, much too hard to walk & sometimes there’s blisters involved. Go flats! :)
Leah

Aliya said...

I think you're adorable! Love the first pictures!!

x Aliya

Linley said...

Nice yoga suit! now that i'm working out on a daily basis, I'll have to browse this site for some new gear! looks great!

Anonymous said...

You are so seriously funny and adorable, great advice! Love to see you so sporty!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Sunshine Blossoms said...

You have to be the cutest gal I've ever seen. :) I adore your look and your writing is awesome! Love your humor. Your blog is quickly becoming one of my very faves!

Rachel said...

Even in sweat-ish type clothes your still cute!

The Random Years said...

Love your outfit. And boyy do I hate bum accidents. I have them all too often. Clumsy right here. O_O

Charisse said...

I love heels. Wear them pretty much every day. Even on my off days. But of course not to the gym. I don't go THAT far!!!

Missa Lee said...

Too frickin' cute- Do I get your body if I wear this outfit? ;)

My-cliffnotes said...

Practice does make perfect :).

jackie said...

ha i'm wearing super high heels in my boyfriend's sister's wedding in october. super scared im gonna fall on my bum when i'm walking down the aisle. must practice with the bouquet, as i feel like that may throw off my balance a bit too.

Sarah said...

Your hair looks FAB!

Jess said...

You are more talented than I am because I refuse to wear heels on days I go to school.

Unknown said...

Hey Ramsey!
I just wanted to make sure you got my email because I never heard back from you.
Thanks!

Rin said...

Mmm. You know what else should be tested for? How much said heels slide on tiled floor. I was leaning against a radiator in the classroom the other day and my shoes were apparently more slippery than I thought. I started going down. My students laughed.

Deveny said...

#3 Carry around a toddler with heels. You'll have no choice but to learn how to be graceful with that. :)

Kristen Thornburg said...

I love that outfit! I must have it for running!! :)