Pages

\

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's all fun and games 'till you run out of gyros

IMG_4438


IMG_4435


IMG_4440


IMG_4441


IMG_4443


IMG_4445

Vest: c/o Karen Kane, Bag: c/o Shop Kempt, Watch: c/o Mimi's, Shirt: JCPenny, Boots: Arturo Chiang, Belt: Thrifted, Pants: Ann Taylor, Shades: Target

IMG_4447


IMG_4448


IMG_4449

Yup, so we tried our hand at being Greek this weekend. Aaaannd that was kind of a fail. For one, we're not much to speak of in the field of song and dance, but more importantly, we got there after the gyros ran out. And it was quite the Greek tragedy. {That was one of the cheesiest puns I have ever stooped so low as to use, but I've never been able to make a pun out of that before. So there. And don't say you wouldn't have done it either.} We ended up with pork on a stick {there was a very Greek name for this and I have no clue as to what that name might be} and Greek fries. Which are kind of like American fries. But with more garlic. And the sauce was really good.

After our cultural experience for the weekend, we went to Wal-Mart. Wouldn't want to act too refined or anything. I mean it was Saturday after all. And if you see us on "People of Wal-Mart" running around acting like children with a cart filled with banana split-making supplies and a turkey {?} you have my permission to pretend that you don't know us.

Mmmk, well have a great Tuesday!

Love,

Ramsey

Oh, and P.S.: I just have to brag on this vest because it is like wearing a socially-acceptible teddy bear around all day. Which is obviously fantastic. And I also have to tell you that me and my mom scored these pants on Friday at Ann Taylor for $7. That's seven dollars. The lady at the register couldn't even believe it.

24 comments:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said...

Haha I love the title of this....was the pork on a stick called Greek souvlaki? I love the fur vest, so cute!

Roots Out West said...

Love the purse and vest. You lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I'd love to run to into you at Wal-mart! Trust me my sister and I act just like that! Loving the denim shirt and fur look!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Maggie Olson said...

I love this outfit! Would you mind sharing the name of your polish? It looks super cute!

Rissy said...

loovvee the vest! I'd like to run around looking like a teddy bear.

How does a Greek festival run out of gyros?! that's not cool... I think the fries would have more than made up for it for me though : )

Rachel said...

I love gyros! Looks like you had a blast!

Anonymous said...

I totally love that vest, so I am glad that you said something about it. I want to wear a socially acceptable teddy bear, but apparently it is acceptable to everyone except my husband who finds the trend "strange". Plus he pointed out that a vegetarian wearng fur (even fake fur) would just be confusing... I think I'll have to show him your cute outfit and see if he will change his mind. CUTE as always :)

Anonymous said...

No Gyros? How dare they call themselves a Greek festival? ;)

It's too funny that you ended up at Wal-Mart on a Saturday after date-day. My boyfriend and I somehow always end at Wal-Mart. Fancy dinner then Wal-Mart. Movies then Wal-Mart. Ha ha!


xx
thistimeisacharm.blogspot.com
triangle necklace giveaway

Stephanie and Such said...

I am obsessed with that fur vest! I have been looking for one that I love. So far I can only find one at Anthro and its ubberrr expensive!

I love your little cultural experience...but sounds like walmart was one too! haha

Rachel said...

love our outfit! and that vest is to die for!

My Life as Whitney said...

LOVE that furry vest!!! I think if I had it I would want to cuddle it all day. $7 for pants? Amazing!

My Life as Whitney said...

LOVE that furry vest!!! I think if I had it I would want to cuddle it all day. $7 for pants? Amazing!

Unknown said...

I lived for 3 years in Greece, and running out of Gyros is a DISASTER!! And the pork on a stick is called a "souvlaki" :) Did you had Tzatziki on your pork stick? Because that would have been the best!

steffy said...

That vest makes me want to hug you. Seriously. It is very teddy-bearish.

Anonymous said...

You look great in aviator shades. And I LOVE that vest as well!

Marisa A. said...

Holy smokes sweet deals! Except about the lack of gyros. What kind of Greek food festival runs out of gyros??

Miyan said...

that first photo of you two is too cute! and those fries and all that gyro talk made my mouth water!!!! :)

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

MissKait said...

y'all are too cute to handle. i love your fur vest. and these pictures most definitely just make my heart melt. so cute

xoxo katlin
kaitgirl.blogspot.com

jackie said...

7 dollar pants?! you lucky duck! and that first picture of you two is too cute :)

Rin said...

I love the amazing deals I get at Ann Taylor. I've never payed full price there. And usually I only pay $12-$15.

I am super jealous of your fur vest. I want one so badly, but haven't yet justified the money.

TaraMixandMatch said...

I <3 your furry vest :)

stealthnerd said...

Gah! I LOVE that vest, it's so cute!!!

http://streetcake.wordpress.com

Nuha said...

okay... i think i'm in love with you now

christina said...

great style + layering!