Pages

\

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Wedding Shower and the Monster Book of Monsters

So, I haven't a cool story to share with y'all about why I've been completely MIA this week. Honestly, I've been overwhelmed with the load of responsibilities that I have self-dumped in my own lap to take care of and unfortunately, they have caused me to pack up the blog in a nice (bubble wrap-padded, of course) little box and place it in the backseat of my Honda Accord. Litterally. In the form of my computer. And ya know what, the whole thing has made me right sad. I've been thinking about you guys and missing your sweet words and weird stories. And so it stands, I really like you as friends. Really, really. As they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder. So here I sit. With my ratty, third-day {+} hair in tangles, glasses on the tip of my nose, still wearing my pajamas, nails unpainted, with my stack of textbooks sitting in the corner, gnashing their angry teeth in my direction, nagging me about reading for (tomorrow's!!!) approaching classes, looking more and more like the Monster Book of Monsters {fellow nerds, catch the Harry Potter reference. Gotta represent.} by the second. Blogging pictures of the bridal shower we threw yesterday as evidence of the fact that I have been working away at something. Me and mommy crafted all of the graphics and most of the yummies, logging many man (lady?) hours on the job, with a big scoop of help from our lovely, flower-talented friend, Mrs. Amy. I hope these will suffice. Until tomorrow. When I do, in fact, have to get dressed. And will hopefully photo-document the occasion for you all.

IMG_2756

IMG_2744IMG_2745IMG_2750IMG_2757IMG_2767IMG_2768IMG_2771IMG_2722IMG_2734IMG_2730IMG_2732
Oh and one last bit, these aren't remotely edited. Just pretend they look like they came out of Southern Living for me. K?

Love,

Ramsey

18 comments:

My-cliffnotes said...

Soo cute. I love doing stuff like that. Plus the HP reference, amazing :). I hope your day is lovely!!!

Tabitha

Anonymous said...

Please help me by reading my appeal on my profile

Unknown said...

How freakin Cute!! LOVED those mason jars with those straws! you wanna throw my Bday party? loved everything! {and your pictures were just lovely!}

Lauren said...

What wonderful ideas! And wonderful pictures! They definitely do look like they came out of a southern living magazine, especially that first one. Great work!

Candice said...

Cute cute cute! I'm throwing a bridal shower for my best friend soon, and I'm getting some ideas from these! I love the set up of the sweets! :)

My Life as Whitney said...

Oh this is so cute! It looks like so much fun! I want to have another wedding!... to my husband of course... but with a different dress and the whole shebang. Good luck at school tomorrow!

Linda Z said...

This shower speaks to me! I love the colors and the textures... the whole shebang! Absolutely gorgeous!! The table cloth is my favorite. :)

Unknown said...

those signs are so cute! good going, lady!

dash dot dotty

Urban Nester said...

Ramsey--- This is adorable! You must check out the bridal shower I threw for my best friend this past weekend, I'll have a post about it on Tuesday! I also had sweet tea... delicious :]

xoxo.
http://alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com

Erin Branscom said...

Love your blog! :) I became a follower! Erin

www.healthybranscoms.com

Sam | ashore said...

Ramsey, this turned out fabulously. I think my heart almost exploded with joy (... and lets be real, jealousy) over the americana punch bowl and cups!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like the shower was lovely! How exciting! By the way, LOVED the harry potter reference and caught it right off! : )

Natalie
www.projectdowhatyoulove.wordpress.com

Gentri said...

Um, that shower looks PERFECT! Seriously, you did an AMAZING JOB!

Alessandra said...

Such sweet words (I missed you, too!) and such adorable photos - looks like a great time and so beautifully prepared.

Rin said...

Wow, what a beautiful bridal shower! Can you do mine (when, you know, I get engaged?)

♥ just a girl ♥ said...

Super cute wedding shower! The pics totally look professional..as always! ;)

Shea
http://fashionablylearning.blogspot.com/

I'm Sydney. said...

How cute! I love witty little wedding things... ah :)

Eliza said...

What a cute shower!