Pages

\

Monday, August 15, 2011

Books

IMG_1248



IMG_1251



IMG_1252



IMG_1256




Top: c/o Karen Kane, Skirt: Ann Taylor, Shoes: Target, Scarf: Old Navy, Belt: Thrift, Shades: F21, Bag: Burberry, Watch: Movado {Gift}, Bracelets: F21, Guess, T and Co.




Funny thing about them. They tend to be pleasurable so long as they are not required reading. Then, the moment someone hands out a list of page numbers to read and ponder over, it becomes a job. I always say at the beginning of summer vacation that I can't wait to read a good book or many during those long, hot stretches of summer afternoon. This summer, I am ashamed to say, I have read approximately one. Plus a few cookbooks if you can count those. {cookbooks that I lovingly rearranged yesterday by type and season} And the Country Livings and Pottery Barns I've been devouring. {Yes, I read those, not just look at them. I know, whoa. And from back to front, no less}.


This weekend was not a good one for me and books. I endured a loooong trip to the bookstore searching for my texts, which, by the way, appear to be shuffled beyond recognition purely for the entertainment of the bookstore staff. All this only to get home, read the first page of one and find that after much deliberation, I had bought the wrong book. Property instead of Property. How could I have possibly made that mistake? I think I should work with these publishers to come up with more distinguishing titles, like Property and Other Property. Just a thought. Another thought, if they are going to make books so bizzarely expensive and almost impossible to sell back, why can't they at least make them hardback and give them pretty covers so that they will actually look pretty on a shelf later? Another thought for the publishers. Perhaps I should put them in touch with Pottery Barn. That'd teach 'em a thing or two.


Love,


Ramsey

24 comments:

Laura said...

You have some incredible bags my dear! And I always had the same thoughts about wanting to read books in the summer,yet never made the time.

Mariel Torres said...

Your eyes in that first picture look STUNNING lady.

jackie said...

why ARE textbooks so expensive and hard to selll back?! it's so obnoxious. what's not obnoxious is the fact that you look like a total grown up in that outfit. ready to start the school year :)

The Random Years said...

Love your scarf! And I agreee, why are they soo expensive? It's just so unneccessary. Half the time, I end up breaking the spine, making it near impossible to sell back.

Kelly said...

That skirt is beautiful, and I love it with the navy tank. What book did you read this summer?

Rachel said...

You are adorable... as always! You look amazing in blue

Anonymous said...

So sorry :( I always bought my books on Amazon or Half.com because they were WAY cheaper that way. Then I could sell them back on the same sites at the end of the semester and make back almost all of my money. Best thing I ever did. At least your outfit is SUPER cute! I love your scarf and everything that is going on with your belt :)

Katy said...

I know exactly what you mean! That's the way books are for me too--I love to read for fun, but the second I "have" to do it for an assignment... I just don't want to. Love the outfit! That skirt is amazing!

Dee Paulino said...

reading about school texts brought my blood pressure up a little, I have been reading Jodi Picoult novel's and oh boy, novels are my kind of books.

My Life as Whitney said...

They should for sure be in touch with pottery barn... and maybe the editors of vogue....

Pineapple said...

YES! All my parents' books from college have cool covers and look awesome on the shelves. When did that stop? Because unless someone wants the book back, it needs to look neat around here. Goooood call.

Kristin said...

Ha! Totally agree with you...the price of textbooks is one of my soapboxes for sure... So right about the "required" list too :-)! I'm also relieved to know that I'm not the only one in the world who reads magazines from back to front...for awhile there I thought I had some weird kind of genetic mutation! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Hello stunner! I agree with you about books, they should either make them more affordable or at least cute covers ha ha, I'm in love with your bag!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Jane Squared said...

I love that the foundation of your look is simple classic pieces (pencil skirt + tank), but you really added style with all of the accessories!

Savannah said...

I totally feel your pain and agree with you on every account.

From Ainsley, with love said...

um how cute are you?! Love your blog, keep it up!

Bobbi said...

Such an incredible outfit. Love the scarf and the way you did the belt :)

{Bobbi}
http://fashionunder30.blogspot.com/

Gertrude said...

I have read a total of 0 books this summer (and I love reading!) Love this look, perfect for work :)

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

What a beautiful skirt! I LOVE it! and I've actually read 2 books this summer! The Hunger Games and it's sequel, Catching flames :) going to the bookstore to buy part 3 tomorrow! They're young adult 'literature' so mabe they don't count? x

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

Wow, that is so annoying! And just as a kicker. I bet the right Property will be twice as much too! At least you looked adorable while the bookstore hosed you!

caroline said...

i HATE buying textbooks. HATE HATE HATE. so i feel your pain.

and i LOVE that bag!!!

caroline - pictures & words

Love at First Shoe said...

So so pretty! Love what you did with the belt :)

S. said...

Love this outfit -- what a fabulous skirt! I take it you're starting law school this year, what with the Property textbook?

Colleen said...

I like this outfit and like how you tied the belt. I have a few belts that are pretty long and never quite figured out how to tie them over a skirt.