Pages

\

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The case of Dusty and the onsie

IMG_2717


IMG_2712


IMG_2715


IMG_2714


IMG_2711

Romper: c/o Emporium, Belt: c/o Sparkle Designs, Sandals: Gift, Clutch: Vintage Gucci, Scarf: Old Navy, Bracelets: DIY, F21, Premier, Shades: F21

There are just certain clothes that men hate and women love. Case in point. The romper. Built for comfort, built for speed, built with a massive case of the grandma butt. After much cajoling one day, Dusty admitted to me his distaste for the romper. He said it reminds him of a onsie. And a grown person in the equivalent of a onsie is apparently far too much to swallow. I say I'm outdoing myself by actually getting dressed today, onsie or not. As opposed to the yoga pant episode from yesterday, I'm quite impressed with myself. I suppose it had a bit to do with the discovery I made while putting on my workout clothes this morning. It appears I have been showering too late as of recent. With my eyes shut. In the dark. Half asleep. When the hair on your legs and under your arms is long enough to notice, it's time to give yourself a shower, shave, put on some makeup and your best onsie and take yourself out to run errands.

Don't fret if you don't see me here tomorrow. I have orientation and a whole pile of other things to do and I may not be able to drop by. If that's the case, you can feel free to come back and read this post again. I promise hearing about my under arm hair is just as interesting the second time.

23 comments:

Nicole said...

Well you look great as always! I love rompers but they do not love me so much...but I always find them super cute on everyone else.

Anonymous said...

I love rompers but my husband hates them too! There is just an ease about them. You look adorable and I love your scarf :)

Mariel Torres said...

haha Sean like them at all either! loving the look lady :D

Gaby said...

ha! my husband has this one hat that i wear that he absolutely hates. you can never please everyone! x

Urban Nester said...

I love rompers! I don't know if my hubs has an opinion about them or not... You look adorable. I love red!

Come stop by my style blog!
xoxo.
http://alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com

Savannah said...

Boys don't know anything about how awesome rompers are. Yours is adorable! I hate to admit how often I'm in the same situation you talk about with showering, I make myself feel awkward about myself. Oh and if I actually exercised half as often as I wear workout clothes, I'd have a killer bod

Melissa said...

LOL! I don't wear rompers because of the grandma butt! They just don't flatter me, at all. hehe

You, on the other hand, look fabulous! Love the belt and scarf. They add a lot to the romper!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous lady in red, you should totally wear red more often, good luck with orientation sweetie!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Dana Richards said...

It's so funny how boys have such a distaste for random things! Keith absolutely hates my yellow blazer so I know if I have it on I just can't ask him how I look. On the other hand, I hate his ratty old baseball cap so maybe were even?

jackie said...

ha my sister and i were just comparing armpit hair this afternoon. i haven't shaved since saturday morning... i think it's time.

and poop on him for not accepting the romper. just do it when he's busy doing lame boy stuff.

Laynah said...

If anyone can rock it you can! aand uh I hardly ever shave during the winter, and I only do it like once a week in the summer! So gross, oops :)

The Suburb Experiment said...

I have a nighttime romper and the hubs HATES it. He tolerates it because he loves me (it's so freaking comfortable!) but I think he'd burn it if he knew I wouldn't be sad. :)

Jenn

dani said...

Haha I just can't resist man-repelling fashion! Rompers + harem pants + hairbows; oh my! I think you look GREAT! :)

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

You look very lovely! Men and rompers... My boyfriend actually loves mine. Probably because it's shorter than my dresses. Yeah, probably. x

Sweet Pea said...

I am with Dusty, I don't like rompers either but it could be from too many episodes of "what not to wear" :)

Liz said...

I think this romper is darling {even if it causes grandma butt}! Red looks great on you!

Oliviaaa said...

i love rompers. just not the ones that creep up and show the tush. :]

Leah said...

That colour looks amazing on you! My fiance always hates the trends that women are gushing over. lol At least we can listen, but still do whatever we want and they love us anyway. Even with a grandma bum.

xo L.

Rachel said...

As always you look adorable

Laura said...

I think your romper looks awesome!!!

I'm Sydney. said...

I LOVE rompers!! Men will never quite understand :) Very cute!

Nicole Marie said...

i wish i could wear rompers. they look ridiculous on me!

Rin said...

The romper grows on a person. When the trend first appeared on the scene, I was more in the mind of Dusty. But its really grown on me and now I can't wait to get my hands on one. So just give him some time (and maybe shave).