Pages

\

Monday, August 1, 2011

1960...or something like that

IMG_0807IMG_0804IMG_0811IMG_0802IMG_0810

Shirt: Belk, Shorts: Old Navy, Shoes: Target, Bag: Burberry {back to school gift from my sweet mommy! Whoo!!}, Belt: Thrifted, Bow: DIY, Jewelry: Movado {gift}, F21, DIY, T and Co., Guess, Premier, Shades: F21


So yesterday, I had the most productive day of crafting with my friend Maddy. I also discovered that I could spend my life savings at Joann's Fabrics if I didn't have a hint of a conscience to save me from doing so. I got out at just over $13. I would call that not bad. Not bad at all. The best part is I crafted myself a nice little loot of new accessories which I may or may not sport every day from now until...well...a little while from now.




This outfit felt very 60's inspired. Maybe it was the bow. Maybe I'm mistaken on my dates. Either way, I am quite happy with this little wad of felt goodness. Hope your Monday did not feel like a Monday and if it did, well, eat a double-scoop of ice cream and watch Pretty Woman. A sure fire cure to a case of the Mondays. Says Dr. Ramsey. You can quote me on that if you'd like.




Love,




Ramsey




P.S. I just had to throw in this little morsel of cuteness. This was as I adjusted my camera settings for the picture. Yes, I adjust then switch places and pose. And the whole process takes about 2 minutes at most. Down to a science folks. Impressed?




IMG_0801




Oh, and in case you missed this yesterday, go and enter your little buns in the Soc Chic All Week giveaway by Jess LC!

28 comments:

Dana Richards said...

Love that bow! Tutorial?

Savannah said...

I love your sunglasses and bow so much! I want so bad! Love that last photo too cute :)

My Life as Whitney said...

Ahh look at those lovies! I took my little girl to the park today and she was lovin' it! I went to Joann's today... I am making an apron (my first sewing project) and I could have bought 4 aprons for what the supplies cost me... But its hours of fun! :-)

Hayley said...

Cute hair bow, but even cuter dog and boyfriend! boys who like dogs just melt my heart!!!

Hayley
http://theweekendfile.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Awe, I love the little bow in your hair :) Never thought to put anything at the bottom of my bun before- cute!

jackie said...

love the bow. you know you have to post a tutorial on how to make that now, so don't even pretend like you're not gonna :)

Mariel Torres said...

You are so glam darling! Loving the bow... definitely gives it such a perfect touch ;)

kisses,
Mariel

Anonymous said...

Check out my most recent blog post - no I promise it's not a plug - I went to a village near my house that was very 60's inspired. Your outfit + that setting would have made for an awesome photo-opp.

You look great! && the last picture is too cute for words.

thistimeisacharm.blogspot.com

I'm Sydney. said...

I like the bow! It's cute! And that last picture, how precious! :)

Anonymous said...

Love that little bow, so cute!

Blaine and Shannon Finley said...

Just thought you should know as a premier Jewelry lady it always makes me happy when i see a bit of our jewelry in your outfits.

Dee Paulino said...

cuteness overload on that last photo

Abby said...

adorable! all of it :)

Kelly said...

I really love that outfit, I'll have to peek through my closet to see if I have similar items!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Cuuuuuute bow! such an unexpected accessorie, i love it!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Unknown said...

If I had longer hair, I would copy this style and then wear it every day forever! Love love love it!

The outfit is great too, you look so posh.

xo Teresa
www.teresalifeandstyle.blogspot.com

E.C. said...

Ring???? What's with the ring are you married/engaged? Did I miss something totally huge?! Or are you just randomly wearing a ring on your left hand?

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

Possibly my favorite outfit yet! Just so simple yet accessorized perfectly. And that bow is pure awesomeness!

Lippylash said...

love the little bow!!!

BryanaEllen said...

Really love the bow! And the whole outfit :)

Stacey Kay said...

YES! The accessories MAKE this outfit. Love bows right now!

xoxo
Stacey Kay
“Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
Enter ‘Who Wore It Best’ to get a free piece of clothing from Goodwill Huntingg!
Follow my 30 Day Weight Loss Challenge via YouTube
Making crochet cool again – Athene Noctua Crafts
My Vintage Handbag Line

Unknown said...

the bow in the back of your hair is the cutest thing ever!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Anja said...

what a sweet picture of the two guys!! Loving your hair style with that bow! super cute! The bag is great as well, lucky you!

The Random Years said...

Love your outfit. =)

Rachel said...

The hair, most definitely 1960s... very Audrey Hepburn

MICHELLE said...

That bow is amazing! Want one for myself. Love your blog!

dani said...

So stinkin' cute! Remind me wear this hairstyle every day of my life! :)

Sarah said...

That last picture is TOO cute!