Pages

\

Friday, August 19, 2011

The peas to my carrots

IMG_0750IMG_0755IMG_0754IMG_0757IMG_0758

Sweater: c/o Karen Kane, Shorts:lei {so long ago, you could probably call them vintage}, Shoes: Target, Bag: Vintage Gucci, Shades: F21, Bracelets: DIY, F21, Guess, Premier, Watch: Movado {Gift}

Last night, as I was putting an {extremely delicious, homemade. (homemade=only one part explicitly came from a box)} dinner together for Dusty and me-self, I had the brilliant idea to kill some time playing around with some different lenses and my ring. Ya know, just for practice in using my creative license. I won't bore you with the details of that little adventure. {Because I'd probably break into tears recounting it.} I'll just say that I thought my camera was broken. My baby. My sweet little baby that I have been shooting with for a month. Broken on Thursday with a wedding on Friday. Dusty called. I held my junk together. And I acted like an adult. And I patted myself on the back for said responsibility. And then Dusty walked in the door. And I. Lost. It. Not like a sweet, sobbing maiden. Like an incomprehensible ohmygoshmycameradinnerbestwhatamIgonnadobuySaturdayThursdaywedding. All between muttering similar concerns to the Best Buy lady on the other end of the phone. One second it was "baby, I'm home, how are you." and the next, I was a little puddle on the floor gasping for breath to explain my problem to the Best Buy lady who I half forgot I was on the phone with while Dusty tried to console me. When I finally established that they {BB} could do nothing at the moment, all the while pacing the floor and casting nervous glances back at my camera bag, I returned to Dusty, teary-eyed and sweating. And guess what. He had fixed it. He snapped that little piece right back in and explained that the "scratched" part played no role in the image quality. And then he hugged me and told me that everything was ok. And that was the best part. He is the peas to my carrots. When I fall apart. He picks up the pieces and puts them back together. And then he tells me it's ok to cry over silly things. And go shopping to make myself feel better. And burn the bread. And he does it with a smile.

I {heart} peas.

Love,

Ramsey

P.S. This sweater is the snuggliest, comfiest sweater ever and I have a feeling that I will wear it to the point of unsanitary come fall.

29 comments:

Courtney B said...

Love! This is the sweetest!

Dee Paulino said...

your dusty sounds like a keeper!

Anonymous said...

cauteee

Sailor July said...

Oh man, I HATE when that kind of stuff happens. I've had my fair share of freaking out over (what I later found out was) nothing.

You and Dusty are adorable. ^_^ Jen has done the same thing for me and vice versa. ♥

I LOVE your sweater!!! I can't wait for Autumn, eeee!

Chaucee said...

Cute sweater! And it's a great to have a person have your back like that : )

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Awww! I'm so glad he fixed it!

P.S. I'm hosting a giveaway today, you should come check it out!

Leah said...

Well, I hope all is well with your camera, and that you can shoot the wedding on Saturday. Plus, you look so super comfy in that sweater and shorts and you have a great man to stand by you if things don't work out.

xo L.

My Life as Whitney said...

I am so glad he fixed your camera! Men have a way of fixin' things we thought couldn't be fixed. Yay for boys being hero's ;-)... or peas...

Rachel said...

You're adorable! I love it

Sweet Pea said...

When I look at these pictures I thought, only you would look good in a sweater like that :) And you and Dusty sound so cute.

Eliesa said...

Talk about an anxiety attack! My goodness. Also that BAG... to. die. for. love it.

- Eliesa @ Good Day, Sunshine

Lilly Style said...

Aw, glad he was able to fix the camera. I would've probably cried my eyes out too. :)
That sweater does look super comfy.

Unknown said...

awww dusty to the rescue :) love that oversized sweater!!!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Anja said...

Oh gosh, such a nightmare! I am feeling with you! Had a similar situation once, only my man and I, we were in a quite public place. I got a heartrate of like 200 and almost started breaking down, but he fixed it in no time. Those guys are total keepers! Glad you got it fixed and super cute outfit, love the sweater!

Kristin Hassan said...

So fantastic to have that in your life! My husband does things like that, it's like Fonzy-power lol. You look super cute BTW!
XO

-Kristin

kristinhassan.blogspot.com

Nav said...

cute snuggly sweater for fall - yes please! You look adorable. Love your crazy story-telling :)

xo Nav
http://www.navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks god for Dusty saving the day and camera! You hottie in cut offs are one lucky ladie!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Sarah said...

You gotta love a good man that deals with us ladies when we tend to freak out a little.
My hubs recently told me that I had to stop telling him 'I was freaking out' about something because he had stopped believing me.
Girl who cried freak out...oops.

Dana Richards said...

Boys are so great at picking up the pieces :) I had a yucky crying fit today because none of my errands went the way they were planned and I had to leave our little kitty at the vet all day. Husband listened to my ridiculous sobs and told me to treat myself to lunch where ever I wanted AND said I could pick the movie on my date tonight. Maybe we should cry more often?? ;)

Gentri said...

Oh I am SO SO glad your camera is ok!! I would have cried too! LOOOOVE that sweater so much!

Twentyy Something said...

The sweater looks so comfy! And all of your pics look so amazing!

xoxo
http://twentyysomething.blogspot.com/

Savannah said...

You look so cute, I love this outfit. That's so sweet of Dusty I definitely would have had the same freak out you did, I'm sooo glad it's fixed and better! :)

The Random Years said...

Glad your camera isn't broken! Isn't it amazing how guys are sometimes so levelheaded that they can make the sun come out on our rainy days? Have a great weekend!

Jenn said...

Oh, that's such a cute story. I love it when prince charming comes to the rescue! I love that sweater on you!

Mariel Torres said...

I have a sweater just like it and it's AWESOME hehe... you are awesome ;). Oh how i love your posts!

Anonymous said...

Where do you live that you can wear sweaters without sweating balls?! I always thought you lived in the south but now I'm starting to doubt hahaha

jackie said...

what a good guy :) glad it all worked out

allie margaret said...

aaadorable, i just love little moments like those

allie

Laura said...

So glad the camera made it! I understand freak out moments like that for sure.

Now I want to see these rings pictures you were taking... :)