Pages

\

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The travel guide. Or something like that.

IMG_0690


IMG_0684


IMG_0686


IMG_0692


IMG_0683


IMG_0681


IMG_0682


Jumpsuit: F21, Vest: Belk. Shoes: Target, Bag: c/o Shop Kempt, Scarf: swapped with Abby of The Closet Files, Necklace, Bracelets, and Shades: F21, Bangle and bracelet: Pandora and thrifted, Nail Polish: Sally Hanson Mint Sorbet


To Do: El Yunque. Not to be confused with El "Yunkie", which is how it sounds with a Southern accent. Seriously though, the rainforest is amazing. And it was oh so nice and cool and breezy on the day that we went and we were quite the little hiking troopers. Aaaand there is a real live waterfall at the end of the trail where you can wet your tush in the freezing water and slip on rocks. The wetting and slippage is far more fun than it sounded in that sentence. It's like a movie scene. But not.


Old San Juan. The blue cobblestone streets and color-clad old buildings whisked my heart right up and I think they still have a little piece of it. I just couldn't get enough of their tremendous oldness. And there was shopping, so that was a nice plus.


To Eat: Pinky's. I wish we had discovered this gem of a diner on the first day. I would have gained approximately 54.5 more pounds if I had though. The smoothies come straight to you, still in the blender. And, as if that weren't enough, the massive mound of French toast and country ham certainly was. More than enough. I think my eyes popped out a little when it showed up and my belly definitely popped out a little after.


Barrichia. Traditional Puerto Rican. I recommend eating an abundance of Mufongo. It's everywhere for a reason. Mashed plaintains with chicken. It sounds gross, but it tastes like chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. Riiight. Honestly. I'm not even pulling your leg.


To Stay: We stayed at the Conrad in Condado, a super ritzy little section with the most mouthwatering, jawdropping collection of luxury vehicles my college-broke little heart has ever witnessed. The pool and ocean views of this joint will delight your palm-tree-loving senses. Napping heaven, I'm telling you.


Downtown Old San Juan. If I were to go back, I would love to stay in one of the antique little boutique hotels downtown. Super unique, probably haunted, but completely charming. With nicely-dressed little doormen. There goes my heart.


You are welcome very much. If you know anyone from the travel chanel, looking for a recruit, feel free to pass along my number. I think I've got TV and travel stories in my blood.


Love,


Ramsey

36 comments:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

gorgeous outfit - love that bag and the scarf, friend! i think vintage scarves are the best!!!

Chloe said...

I love this outfit and soooo want to copy it haha.

C x
http://memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

Not sure how I missed that you were going to PR. I am from Puerto Rico!!

I love El Yunque and mofongo is my fave! Now I am seriously craving some. Too bad I can't find any platanos in OK.

Glad you got to spend some time on my lovely island and that you posted about it. :)

And I love your look. The bag is gorgeous.

Kelly said...

What a great outfit! I love the boho chic look :)

Kelly
Enterkelly.blogspot.com

My Life as Whitney said...

Lovin' the bag! You look fantastic!

Style Journey said...

You look so adorable in your jumpsuit with your headscarf! Sounds like you had a great time on your trip :)

Kathryn said...

I agree with everything! El Yunque and Old San Juan were AMAZING. :)

Nicole said...

I went to Old San Juan in 2009. I really loved it. It was absolutely beautiful and I bought the coolest handmade jewelry from the street vendors.

Gaby said...

sounds like a fab holiday! and you look so perfectly vacation chic :)

Mariel Torres said...

haha love this post... I'll have to take you with me next time I head down to Puerto Rico. I have the feeling you are going to love the south side of the island and the stunning little sister island of Culebra ;). Can't wait to see pictures!

kisses,
Mariel

Dana Richards said...

Great bag!

Anonymous said...

Reading this makes me want to pack up and fly to Puerto Rico! Love the scarf on the head look very cute!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Heather & Justin said...

i love this slouchy bohemian look! it looks so incredibly comfy!! and that bag! oooo mama!!

-Heather from lifeofapasseri.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

i LOVE that bag... you look so comfortable but so chic :)

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Holly said...

Ok so now I really want to go on holiday! :O

Nav said...

Everytime I saw you wearing this romper, I want it! :(

But you look great! Love the headband tribalish outfit and thanks for your travel guiding tips.

http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

Savannah said...

You look so stinkin cool!

leigh ann said...

Hello love! Let me know if you'd like to swap clothing sometime! You have great taste! :)
Love, Leigh

Joy said...

Pretty cute photos, I must say! Love the bag, bangles, and necklaces. Okay, well the whole thing is pretty great! Anyways, hope you're having a great trip, sure sounds like a blast!!
xoxo
Joy

christine donee said...

that bag needs to be in my arms immediately.

caroline said...

oooh, loved reading your travel guide. the travel channel should totally hire you! ;) i am dying to go to puerto rico, so this guide should come in super handy when i finally do!!

you look super adorable, as usual!

caroline - pictures & words

Vanda said...

Thanks for the travel guide! I like so much everything you are wearing: from the BAG to the scarf!!
Have a great weekend!

Alyssa said...

I know what you mean when you don't have enough money and the good stuff is right in front of your face ha. I love, love, love your outfit! I love the way you did your head scarf too! So chic! I'll take your word for El Yunque because the sentence, "wet your tush in the freezing water and slip on rocks. The wetting and slippage is far more fun than it sounded in that sentence" doesn't sound too pleasing. I had a bad experience with slippery rocks ha. Anyway, check out my blog! I am now following you!

beautyandfashionmashup.blogspot.com
-The BF Mashup

marcela said...

I like this a lot
http://urbanprettygirl.blogspot.com/

Louise, Raspberries In Winter said...

I'll be sure to visit some of these places (the rainforest sounds nice) if I ever get to Puerto Rico. And if they sell your bag there, I'll be getting there even sooner. It's gorgeous!

Chaucee said...

Great outfit dear! I love how comfy and bohemian and looks and that bag is fabulous!

Unknown said...

love the outfit! :)

http://danica-nicole.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

You are so adorable in that jumper! It sounds like you had a fantastic time on your trip. I'm so excited that you had a chance to go!

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

Leah said...

I love this casual boho look! Hope you had a great trip.

xo L.

Unknown said...

I LOVE your outfit, it's so "travel-y" indeed!

Miyan said...

sounds like you had a great time by all of your reviews :) i love this jumper, btw. super cute with the headscarf!

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

Kate said...

These photos are so cute! You look so comfy!

Steph said...

Super cute outfit! I tried that jumpsuit on a couple months ago, and it looked horrible on me, but on you it is adorable! Way to rock it :)

Stephanie in Suburbia said...

I love love LOVE that you liked mofongo! It's such an acquired taste. My dad tries to make it, but it's just never been as good as it was in Puerto Rico. Did you stop at any roadside stands? Freaking awesome!

You're like the only girl who can pull off that kind of jumpsuit. Adorable!

♥B said...

I love this outfit! Very laid back and casual. :) so fun!


xo, b
withlovefrommichigan.blogspot.com/

Kelly Hicks said...

Just came across your blog! I LOVE your outfit here. That jumpsuit is just amazing. Gotta love F21!

http://kellyhicksdesign.com/blog/