Pages

\

Saturday, June 18, 2011

We went blueberry picking

IMG_0385


Last night. And it was completely stupendous. We have the most delectable, organic blueberry farm right across the street. We know, we are lucky little birds. The weather was perfect for blueberry harvesting as there was an enormous-looking thunderstorm rolling in. I adore weather like that. Most people run for shelter. I like to soak up the wind in my hair and breathe in the smell of rain. Delicious. It also meant a dreamy 70 degrees. Considering the fact that it hasn't dipped below 85 for the past few days {or nights}, it was positively chilly. Good gracious it was wonderful! We stayed till the last possible moment and The Big Red Wagon whisked us away, along with our loot bags full of lucious blue goodness, just as the rain drops started to fall. Hope you had a stupendous Friday evening as well!
Love,
Ramsey

17 comments:

Gentri said...

Mmmm! Blueberries are my favorite! :) yum! You are lucky!!

genevieve said...

These look amazing! Blueberry picking is one of the best things in the world. I love sticking fresh blueberries in the freezer for an hour and then munching on them!

"I like to soak up the wind in my hair and breathe in the smell of rain". The moments before a storm really are magical.

Erin said...

I'm a thunder storm girl too, especially summer storms! Yum, berry picking-- you're so lucky to have one that close! -^_^-

Abby said...

You are lucky birds!!! Those berries look divine.

Rin said...

I'm glad to hear that there is someone besides me that loves the smell in the air right before a thunderstorm.

And I'm very jealous of your blueberries.

The Semi Sweet said...

I wish there was a blueberry field near my home:)

caroline said...

yum, blueberries! i AM jealous of the fact that you live across the street from a blueberry farm.

and you remind me of my mother in so-cal when you say 70 is "positively chilly" - it's funny because ever since i moved to san francisco, i consider that HOT! lol.

Gaby said...

I'm so jealous! I wish i lived next to an organic blueberry farm :)

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

Why don't we have farm where you are allowed to go blueberry picking or strawberry picking or any berries picking!? So jaleous! When I was little I used to go to the woods where they grow in the wild. They make terrible stains! x

Holly said...

Yum. I am jealous. I want blueberries now. :O

jackie said...

thunderstorms during summer are heavenly. they're so peaceful, if thats even possible. i havent seen one yet this summer, so youre lucky.

Rachel said...

Blueberries are fantastic!

emma miller said...

Thats an amazing shot! I too love blueberries and stormy weather... hope you had a great weekend

I'm Sydney. said...

Oh lovely! I never liked blueberries before, but they have definitely been growing on me!

Sailor July said...

Blueberries are delicious!!! You ARE lucky!!! I really love them in Greek yogurt. Also, I am a major fan of thunder, lightning, rain and wind! ^_^

rebecca said...

hate the picking.... love the berries. just being honest.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Oh yum! I love blueberries. Now you have me craving for blueberry cheesecake!