Pages

\

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I tried something new with my hair today

IMG_0456



IMG_0458



IMG_0454



IMG_0459



IMG_0455


Shirt: American Eagle, Belt: Thrifted, Skirt and shoes: F21, Scarf: Old Navy, Watch: Gift {Movado}


I know, I know. Half up and curly as opposed to down and curly. I just really like to amp that shock factor sometimes. Right to the roof, lemme tell ya. I actually pull this 'do quite often for work. Not that I like to get all fancy for the office or anything, it just hides that third day hair and keeps me from having to recurl it and tame the frizz {thankyaverymuch Florida}. I always save my updos for the imtoolazytowashthehair days. Why waste perfectly good, clean curls with hairspray? So anywho, for those of you who aren't super familiar with this simple style, let me give you the rundown. Yes, yes, too exciting for words doesn't even come close to describing me at 12:00 on this lovely Tuesday night.


Basically you style the hair, curly or straight to begin. Then, separate the bang area from the main part of the hair if you do not wish to include it in your "bump". Next, starting with a small slice of hair just behind the bang area, gently backcomb from behind. Continue with tiny, ear-to-ear slices of hair until you reach the crown of the head. The more you tease your hair, the bigger the bump. Also the more tears it will shed because, quite frankly, hair is not a very good sport in the teasing department. Bigger bumps are nice for more fancy schmancy events, but I prefer a smaller one for work, a decidedly non-fancy schmancy event to say the least. {Yes, I realize this line could work double time for a bra ad. But maybe it just seems that way to the Young and the Breastless of us.} Once you have your bump to the preferred level of bumpiness, draw the sides back and together into a half-up, twist the hair slightly, and secure with bobby pins. I can't decide if this is far too in-depth for something so simple or confusing beyond belief. But, as mentioned, it's 12:00. P.M. So we shall certainly cut me a break. The style is also a most wonderous base for all sorts of other hairstyles, including a chignon, a side pony, a braid, high or low ponytail, or even a full on up-do. I would love to see your picture if you give it a whirl! So shoot me some emails. We'll have a nice little show and tell party here on the old blog. Like kindergarden. But with teasing combs.



Love,


Ramsey

26 comments:

Gentri said...

Love it love it! :) and hooray for being versatile! And I've said this before- I just love your oxfords!! So much! I don't have any because they're really hard to find in size 5 apparently. :P

Laura said...

Very cute shoes :) I think you did a good job explaining! Especially for it being midnight. My posts sound like drivel when I write late.

Stacey Kay said...

Cute top!

xoxo
Stacey Kay
“Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
Goodwill Huntingg: Comment on my latest post!
Cleveland Free Press: Goodwill Huntingg Shopping Guides
Fantastic fashion blog giveaways – week of June 21st, 2011
My Vintage Handbag Line

Erika said...

You are beautiful! :)

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

you look amazing ^^ and I am still a little jaleous over those F21 shoes! They were sold out in my size e.ve.ry.time I had the chance to send someone shopping in the States for me! x

Love at First Shoe said...

Your hair looks darling! Love the outfit too.

Vanda said...

...and you did WELL!!! Your hair looks great, you look great, the outfit is lovely!!!
Enjoy this nice day!

b said...

It's funny, because I actually only ever do my hair right after I shower. Otherwise - eh, too lazy. :p I want your shoes, btw! I've been wanting a pair like that since last summer and now I think it needs to happen soon!
-giedre
www.walkingdotphotography.com

Rachel said...

You're too cute, and I'm not even talking about how cute you look. ;P

I like the EXTREME change!

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks cute with the little puff, love the mix prints!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Monica and Whitney said...

I think the first step to such and amazing "do" is to have fabulous hair like you have. Dang you.

Ask the Duplex

Melissa said...

Your hair looks pretty! I'd like to do different things with mine, but honestly, I'm just too lazy in the mornings to mess with it. I blow dry and go.

I love the mix of black and brown in this, and the pop of color in the scarf! Plus the pattern mixing! So fun!

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

TheOtherSideofCool said...

Hair looks great :) and I LOVE the brogues!!


Thanks for the comment on my blog :) xx

Visit The Other Side Of Cool
Tweet me! @othersideofcool

ashley.warner said...

cute cute cute!
you're a doll!

Style Journey said...

Oh my gosh! You had me cracking up with your hair bump tutorial!

I can't wait for my hair to grow out so I can do this with my hair :)

Miyan said...

love your bump ;) i rock this hairstyle when the top layer of my hair decideds not to cooperate.

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

Lippylash said...

You just look like the sweetest girl ever!! And love the hair..

Rebecca said...

Those oxfords are so darn cute Ramsey! You look darling and your hair is fab!

I'm hosting my very first giveaway this week. It's a good one. I hope you check it out!
rebeccawithanR

Abby said...

very pretty!!! I really love your shirt and scarf too :)

Dana Richards said...

Haha I DEFINITELY wore my hair up today for these same reasons :-)

BryanaEllen said...

Love the hair and the outfit! I want those shoes :]

caroline said...

your hair looks supah cute.

i used to do the half up/half down thing pretty often, but it's been all down pretty much all the time lately.

caroline - pictures & words

Mariel Torres said...

... and it looks cute! i'm loving the shoes darling.

kisses,
Mariel

Courtney B said...

Loooooooove your hair!!

Sarah said...

You've inspired to me to rock the half up/half down today and I have to say Im really liking it!!
I do need to work on my bump though...yours is way cuter!

allie margaret said...

HA! I like the hair, I'm fairly unoriginal when it comes to my hairstyles as well. Also, am I just seeing things or do you have adorable freckles popping out??

allie