Pages

\

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back in the Saddle

 photo IMG_5532.jpg

 
 photo IMG_5531.jpg
 
 photo IMG_5536.jpg
 
 photo IMG_5538.jpg
 
 photo IMG_5539.jpg
Top: Mudd, Dress: Sparkle, Shoes: Old Navy, Belt: F21, Jewelry: Sparkle, Target, c/o Mimi's, Clutch: Target
 
I'm not sure if anyone out there is still listening to this little blog and I am definitely lost on the new Blogger, so I really have no idea how "following," or blogging for that matter, works any more, but I decided I wanted to start blogging again.  To be honest, my life has literally not changed one bit in the last year.  No change in hair color (been there, half of my hair broke off in high school, swore to never go there again).  No change in school other than another year down (one more, plus the dreaded Bar exam to go).  No change in marital (or engagital) status.  Really not that many new clothes because my sad student budget forces me to be cheap, cheap, cheap.  So, if you were wondering if you missed out on anything, it was really just a slew of less-than-interesting outfits and the necessary  complaining about professors.
If you want to know why I left, I'll tell you I really can't pin down one reason.  I can tell you that when life got busy with school and my photography business and, well, ya know, life, blogging became just another thing I "had" to do.  I felt like my closet and pool of blog topics were becoming stale.  I was reading lots of other blogs (and Pinterest!) and everyone seemed to be so much funnier, more interesting, have better closets, have better photographers.  I could keep going with this, but I think you know where that one is headed.  Part of the reason I quit was because I felt like I wasn't the best, or even in the top, so why bother.  But you know what?  In this one year sabbatical I have learned that this was more than just a fashion blog.  I have learned that it really was much more for me than it was for everyone else.  It motivated me to keep a journal of my life.  It motivated me to take pictures of all the little things I do, things that have gone completely undocumented since last year.  Dusty has been asking me to come back to blogging for quite some time now, saying he misses the blogging side of me.  As it turns out, he was probably my most avid reader.  It also turns out that I miss me to.  I miss stopping to write things down.
I've said all of this to say that I am going to give this a go again.  I am not making any promises to blog outfit pictures every day.  In fact, judging by the pictures on my camera phone, it may turn into a blog of pictures of my dogs (which is why I don't have Instagram, I need to maintain some semblance of a normal person who does not spend 80 percent of time with her dogs).  I have night classes this semester, so the whole picture thing may take some working out.  I'm a little rusty on the writing and the posing and still not much in the humor department.  But I want to blog for me.  Not to compare myself to others, but to be able to look back and remember the person that I was (am) right now.
If anyone is out there, hello, I hope you are doing splendidly!  Thanks for reading!
Love,
Ramsey
P.S.  Clearly, I need some help in the blog design department, so spare me on that one.  I am trying to work it out, but should anyone want to volunteer their talents, who am I to say no?

33 comments:

Amanda said...

Well I for one am CRRRRAZZZYYYY glad you're back!!!!! I've missed your outfit posts and other posts SO.MUCH.

Love,
Manda
http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

Taylor said...

Glad to see you posting again.

From,
A long time reader!

Unknown said...

I completely understand I too have slowed my posting, for a whole year I posted everyday and now I just post for me I like having my blog to look back on and read and maybe one day I will have it printed...it really is just like journaling just a different way. and I completely agree that we shouldn't compare ourselves with others we shouldn't feel like we have to blog we should enjoy it :) welcome back to the blogging world, I'm slowly getting back into myself.

Kimberlee said...

When I first found your blog, it quickly became one of my favorites. Not only are you hilarious and seem like a really sweet person, but the outfits you post are adorable AND affordable. Sure, there's always going to be other blogs that have really really nice clothes, but those clothes are also really expensive (especially for anyone with a budget) To me, your blog is realistic, and that's why I love it! Welcome back!

It Started With a Wink said...

I was just wondering what happened to you, I love your blog and the you that comes through it!

Felicity said...

You're back!
YAY!

Mariel Torres said...

Ramsey!!!!! I'm so glad your back... you were truly missed lady :)

Liz said...

Welcome back :)

Liz said...

Welcome back :)

Jillian said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so happy you're back. I was actually coming to here to check if you were blogging (like I've been doing periodically for the last year) and thought, 'wtf I'm just going to delete this bookmark'. Et voila, here you are!

Sure, there are lots of bloggers with beautiful sites, and expensive designer wardrobe, but as a poor grad student, your blog is completely inspirational, relevant, and accessible to me.

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAYY you are back! Loved your blog before and am sure I will love it now! Glad to see you back :)

Unknown said...

So excited to put you back into my regular blog rotation! :)

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

I too am thrilled that you are back!!! I have no fashion sense but ia always got great ideas from you!! I feel the same way about blogging, I blog to document my families life and I'm pretty confident no one reads it and thats ok!!

Unknown said...

Welcome back! I feel the same way and have been a bit off of the blogging path for a few weeks, but I think that I also blog more for myself than for anyone else and when I use my blogs as a creative outlet, then it just flows. Thanks and welcome back. From one broke girl to another :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to see you back again and looking this fantastic! I think your blog looks amazing and the outfit is so vivid and beautiful!

Cee. ♥
Code Overdressed

Brynn said...

Oh yay! I had found your blog right before you stopped posting, and really loved it. I've had you still in my reader since then, just hoping that one day you would come back! I was so happy to see your post!!

brynnash.blogspot.com

Alissa said...

I am joining the club and am super happy that you are back posting! I love this color combination!

Moore Minutes said...

Happy to see beautiful YOU back on your beautiful blog! :)

Ashley J said...

Welcome back!!!!!

The Raven's Landing said...

Welcome back!

Ash said...

I'm a reader and I'm glad you are back. And I'm glad you are blogging for you :-) that's the way it should be.

Ash said...

I'm glad you are back!! And I'm glad you are blogging for yourself :-) That's the way it should be.

Nicole said...

There you are! Thought of you the other day when I was going through my blog list. You look fabulous as always. Love your blogging/writing style! Glad to see a post from you.

Unknown said...

Glad your back! I always enjoyed reading your posts and being so easily relate-able. Not all of us can afford cute clothes, but I think it's so the way their styled than what brand people wear. That's why I love style blogging so much. To see how everyone in the world can wear the same brands/stores and style the pieces completely different.

k8te said...

welcome back! so happy to see your blog back in my reader! :)

Unknown said...

Good to see you posting again! My sister is blogging and has felt the same apprehensions as well. Don't give up, but do it for your own reasons. You don't have anything to prove to us!! :)

PS. your outfits are SO cute and they are different than anything else I see, so you just keep on, keepin' on and don't give a hoot what everyone else is doing. :)

l4isu said...

I'm so glad you are posting again! I found your blog earlier this spring, and as a future law student who loves fashion, I was elated to find someone with similar interests! I will admit that I scrolled through so many of your past outfits because I thought they were all wonderful. Thanks for giving me something great to read again!

Lippylash said...

Glad you are back!

Bethany said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I am SO glad you are back! I swear I stalked your blog last year for a month hoping you would be there!

You are so unique, I love your outfits and little stories.

So happy to see ya again! :)

Unknown said...

Yay! I am SO happy you are back blogging again. I have missed your posts. I think your sense of fashion and writing techniques are super cute and enjoyable to read. :)
I have been checking your blog off and on to see if you would ever come back. You were my first fashion blogger I started to read. :)
~Sarah

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Welcome back! It's sometimes hard for us to believe that just being "us" is enough...but it is. You shine through in your blog, so happy you're back. And I could use some fashion inspiration. ;)

Leslie said...

Yay!! Glad your back to blogging. Love your blog and love your style =) Plus i need fashion help lately so great timing on coming back!

bohemian splendor said...

I love your blog and I am glad to see you back! I too took some time away from my blog. I used to write an OOTD style blog and I got stuck in a rut. I just started to revisit the idea of posting here and there... I cant wait to read more from you! Have a great day.

Teresa
www.bohemiansplendor.blogspot.com