Pages

\

Thursday, May 26, 2011

An unexpected "date"

5762587726_7a85c8609f_bIMG_3907



IMG_3901


IMG_3899


Dress: accidentally shrunk in wash to a shirt-Wet Seal, Sweater and necklace: F21, Shorts: Hollister, Shoes: Payless, Watch: Gift


Sometimes it's really nice to just throw plans to the wind and enjoy a wonderfully unexpected day "date". Dusty Boy called me this morning and needed me to follow him to take "the big red wagon" to the truck dealership where he purchased it for repair. Apparently it has the death wobble. That's really what the condition is called. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. So anyway, I knew it would take a bite out of the editing I was potentially going to get done today, but I also knew he would completely do it for me, so I agreed. And boy was it ever the happiest 30-mile or so ride down a long, winding, country road. The sun was shining and my windows were down and sunroof open. I am convinced there is nothing more lovely than soaking in the fresh breath of nature out in the country. Where storefronts make way for big, sturdy barns and carefully cultivated flower beds make way for rolling hills and grazing cows. I am a sucker for a cute cow. And then, once we dropped off the "wagon," we picked up a green tea for me and drove all the way back together, chatting and just enjoying the pleasantness of the day. It feels like a sneaky little treat to leave work behind and just steal a few moments out of a weekday to enjoy life. I live and love for days like this.


Happy Thursday!


Love,


Ramsey

29 comments:

Nanina said...

Ah, that sounds really lovely! I had to take my boyfriend to his car's dealer lately to change the tires and we went shopping. Nice, too, but can't compare to a little country getaway :-)

Relatable Style

amber lynn said...

i am loving those shoes!!

Griffin and Gretchen said...

weekday sneak away dates are the best!

Sam | ashore said...

Ramsey, I like the softness in this set of photos (and it's little bit different than your usual editing style!)

this sounds like a perfect afternoon. Unexpected breaks feel like such a gift.

Amber said...

You are so stinking cute! And I love days like that!

Haley said...

that oversized cardigan and lacey-ish top are fabulous! looking gorgeous as ever Ramsey :) And I'm glad you enjoyed a spontaneous mid-day date with your sweetheart! I'm with ya, those are the times I try to soak up :)

Siena in Style said...

always so pretty!!!
http://sienastyle.blogspot.com/

Nav said...

Happy Thursday indeed! Good to see you go on "unexpectedly dates". those dates are the best :)

you look great too! I cant believe the dress shrunk that much :)

xo Nav
http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

It sounds like such a romantic date! Unexpected yes but lovely! New shrunken top former dress looks cute!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Chloe said...

This is lovely. I love the top and wedges. Lovely.

C x
http://memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com/

Elaine said...

This is so cute!! I love it. And yes.. unexpected dates are the best.

Brooke said...

sounds lovely! i'm jealous :)

Unknown said...

that grey blazer is soooo cute and comfy!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Gaby said...

Spontaneous dates are the best! And i love your shoes!

Andrea said...

your outfit looks flawlessly comfy and stylish. your date sounds wonderful! Love those days...

Modest Fashion Sense said...

You are so beautiful :) What a cute outfit

Leslie said...

Love your outfit and your blog, super cute! Can't wait to read more.

Dee Paulino said...

and this goes to prove my theory: random dates are the best. I know what you're thinking, it's not really my theory but I adopted it and it's true :)

Stacey Kay said...

Those shoes are ADorraaaablllleeee!

xoxo
Stacey Kay
“Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
Goodwill Huntingg: See my latest post…
Cleveland Free Press: Goodwill Huntingg Shopping Guides
Legacy Village; best summertime shopping destination
My Vintage Handbag Line

Unknown said...

So sweet! I love this post. Its the little things that matter most :)

xo Teresa
Enter my giveaway: http://teresalifeandstyle.blogspot.com/2011/05/time-for-giveaway-25-itunes-gift-card.html

Lippylash said...

You look beautiful! And random dates are amazing.

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

You are so beautifully dressed! I love your top - and am sure it must've looked great as a dress too!

x
www.lostinthehaze.com

Flourish and Fancy said...

Love your style and I hope you make the pom poms for Memorial Day—you won't be disappointed! Thanks for the comment.
~ flourishandfancy.com

Rachel said...

I would say sorry about the car but without it you wouldn't have this lovely story... and it is lovely to steal from weekdays. ;P

his little lady said...

those shorts look SUPER comfy! love!
Xo

http://ericplustanya.blogspot.com

Savannah said...

I'm loving your shoes! And I'm jealous of your wonderful afternoon. Im missing the sunshine and the country right now! :)

Anja said...

That sounds like an awesome day! Might have to try this sometime during this week :)love the cute little outfit as well! Very pretty top!!

Laura said...

Love the shoes!

Charisse said...

I have to tell you that you are just too pretty. Your outfits are great! And your words are funny!! I feel like we are sitting around the table and gabbing about our week and things!! This outfit is so awesome and looks incredibly comfy for driving around and enjoying stolen moments in.