Pages

\

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Busy Busy Busy Christmas Update

WHEW!!! It's nice to finally slow down a little bit even if just to write this post. I have been shopping, crafting, wrapping, cleaning (REPEAT). NEED A NAP!!! I thought I would post a few pics of some of the things I've been up to. Hope you enjoy, I just need to mark my progress and make myself feel like I have actually accomplished some things.

MMM...Apple Cranberry Oatmeal

You will need 1/2 apple for each serving of oatmeal. Boil amount of water and salt for desired number of servings. Boil the chopped up apple in the water as well as some cranberries (you can use as many of these as you like) for about 3 minutes. Add oats and continue as directed. Just before its done, add brown sugar and cinnamon to taste.

I like adding a little extra cinnamon to the top. YUMM and so Christmassy!

Tins of Christmas Crack (recipe here) YUM!!! I bought tins from the $ Tree and sprayed them with chalkboard paint so I could write on them.
Ornament Wreaths (I was testing these out before I give them away). I accidentally deleted the pics of Dusty making these, but it was too cute. We were both covered in glitter and the dog is definately blinging!

Wreath #1: This one is Dusty's
Wreath #2: This one is mine
P.S. don't you love the reflection?
Packaged gift baskets with homemade jellies, jams, pepper sauce, crack, hot cocoa, and cookie mix (no pic of this, my camera just took a poop on me)

Finished the prayer journal and Bible bag gift sets for my grandma and aunt. Tutorial for journals is here and one for totes is here.



Made butter cookies (or crescent cookies, or wedding cookies these have like a million names). These things are seriously delish...totally addicting!
Dusty making crecent cookies-looks threatening, right? Loving the camo hat and apron combo. He is so going to kill me if he sees this posted on here. hehe
Recovered some magnets for the for the fridge. The law ads just weren't cutting it for me with all the sweet Christmas cards. I used a hot glue gun to adhere some cute fabric to the magnets then cut off the excess. Then I embellished them with ric rac and buttons. Adorable and seriously easy. I did these with the help of a two-year old. Sorry, no pic of the finished product. My camera decided to play humpty dumpty.
These are what I used, who doesn't have some laying aroud?

Finally, my daunting first ever turkey is sitting in the fridge stressing me out. Any last minute words of wisdom?
And a little laugh before I finish this extremely long post:
Here are a few Cookie-eating rules to help get you through the next few days:
1. If you eat a Christmas cookie fresh out of the oven, it has no calories because everyone knows that the first cookie is the test and thus calorie free.
2. If you drink a diet soda after eating your second cookie, it also has no calories because the diet soda cancels out the cookie calories.
3. If a friend comes over while you're making your Christmas cookies and needs to sample, you must sample with your friend. Because your friend's first cookie is calories free, (rule #1) yours is also. It would be rude to let your friend sample alone and, being the friend that you are, that makes your cookie calorie free.
4. Any cookie calories consumed while walking around will fall to your feet and eventually fall off as you move. This is due to gravity and the density of the caloric mass.
5. Any calories consumed during the frosting of the Christmas cookies will be used up because it takes many calories to lick excess frosting from a knife without cutting your tongue.
6. Cookies colored red or green have very few calories. Red ones have three and green ones have five - one calorie for each letter. Make more red ones!
7. Cookies eaten while watching "Miracle on 34th Street " have no calories because they are part of the entertainment package and not part of one's personal fuel.
8. As always, cookie pieces contain no calories because the process of breaking Causes calorie leakage.
9. Any cookies consumed from someone else's plate have no calories since the calories rightfully belong to the other person and will cling to their plate. We all know how calories like to CLING!
10. Any cookies consumed while feeling stressed have no calories because cookies used for medicinal purposes NEVER have calories. It's a rule!
So, go out and enjoy those Christmas Cookies - we only get them this time of year!
Hope you are all having an absolutely wonderful Christmas season with your families and friends. Don't forget to share you blessings with those who are less fortunate this year. God has called us to take care of others. A new jacket or a warm blanket could truely make someone's Christmas. May God bless you all and I hope you have a very merry Christmas!

Lots of love to each of you from me,
Ramsey

0 comments: