Pages

\

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The thing about windy days and skirts

IMG_9973IMG_9964


IMG_9969IMG_9967


Dress {worn as a skirt}: F21, Sweater: Borrowed, Belt: F21, Shoes: Target, Bracelet: Premier


So apparently, I missed the "we're going to be having 20-30 miles per hour winds all day" memo. Because I wore a skirt. More specifically, a flouncy, flowy, blows-up-over-your-head-at-the-slightest-gust-of-wind skirt. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to anyone who may have seen my unders. At least they were pretty, right? It wasn't for lack of trying to keep them covered. Also apparent, the fact that the wind must have inspired me to think that if I spread my arms out I could fly. That was a fail.


The weather has been nuts here lately. A front came through {according to weatherman Dusty that's what is causing it}, so last night-in the middle of the night-I was woken up from a rather non-good dream by a roaring thunderstorm and lightening. Awesome. I assure you it is quite the way to end a bad dream. Anywho, the power went out. Before my phone had time to charge. So obviously my alarm wouldn't go off this morning and I would miss my first class. Because that would be my luck. Fortunately, Dusty loaned me his house {with electricity} so that I could get ready and the weather is right back to jolly and sunny now {albeit still windy and a wee bit cold, but I can't complain}. And I am skirt-free.


Oh, and in plus{er} news, Dusty, darling that he is, called this morning to get some info on me getting a business license for photography. Without me even asking. It was a nice bit in my day. I'll be official soon guys. Woo-to-the-whoo!

Love,

Ramsey

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

As soon as I read the title knew what was the rest of the story! I never get those memos either, flashy my undies is next on my list those days! Think you looked very cute anyways! Hope you have a lovely week ahead.

Cess O. <3
The Outfit Diaries

Unknown said...

Skirt is cute! I always seem to wear them on windy days, that's why it's necessary to wear cute chonies! :)

Peggy said...

Great pairing of sweater over the dress! I had THE same problem today - flying skirt up over my head on the campus of a college while I was taking my son to piano lessons. Yikes!

Unknown said...

awww but the skirt looks fab in the wind!!! i love how you wore the slouchy knit shirt over it... youre sparklin as always!


<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

♥B said...

I LOVE this outfit. It's seriously adorable. You look so cute and fun. We had rain, wind and snow today.. and it was supposed to be 50 degrees. It was about 39. The weather is crazy everywhere it seems like!

I'm so going to follow you on twitter {brittnibates} and we can be cool twitter friends now. haha

xx,
Brittni, With Love From Michigan

My Life as Whitney said...

O.M.G. i am in love with the outfit today. i think i am going to go out and recreate it... like... now! And you look tan!?!?!? No fair!

www.devinandwhitney.blogspot.com

littlemissfanciepants said...

i love this outfit ~ the color of that dress is beautiful. and i'm familiar with that storm, bc i'm pretty sure it's the one we had 24 hrs ago that kept my dog up all night, which in turn kept me up all night. good times. and why is it that when it's 100 degrees outside, it's never windy? you look adorable as always! ~ susan

Francesca said...

Such a cute outfit! I love storms so much. We barely have any here...

Sarah said...

I'm pretty sure the wind is a dude and he likes to catch us off guard in skirts that are easily blown around. It happens to me more often than I'd like.

The Suburb Experiment said...

You look pretty adorable here. Inside and out I'm sure. :) I ripped the back of my skirt once and had the misfortune of having it pointed out by a random dude at McD's. And all I could thing was - at least I'm wearing cute underwear. So I feel ya. :)

Anja said...

Yeah, we had some really windy days over here as well. Skirts are difficult then. I sometimes wear a tight miniskirt under the fluffy ones, to avoid the undie flashes.

It sounds great that you will be pro soon!! hope to see more of your photos here as well!!!

Katelyn said...

I am so glad ou posted on my blog because it lead me to your blog! I am very excited to see all of your clothes...and perhaps do some shopping :)

Collections said...

Love the layering. That dress is such a wonderful color.

www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com

Abby said...

I have so done that before! stupid wind :)

dani said...

You wear the most fantastic colors! Loving this pinkalicious skirt!

<3 The Daily Dani

Unknown said...

What a great way to wear your sweater. I have a similar one and might have to steal your styling idea! Very cute

Griffin and Gretchen said...

your hair is F-A-B!!!!
I wish I was as good at finding stuff in f21 as you are. that store seriously overwhelms me!

Jennifer Rod said...

hi just love your look here. :) i kinda want your skirt now.

Rach said...

Love the pairing of the dark sweater against your pretty spring dress. I am obsessed with layering baggy sweaters over pretty much everything while the weather is still cool. Oh, and p.s. can I have your hair? Please and thank you.

xo
Rach

California Pretty

Miyan said...

LOVE this outfit! I am now seeing how easy it is to make a dress into a skirt by simply throwing a sweater on over! love this and you look absolutly gorgeous!

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

GoodFrameofMind said...

I love how you styled this with the contrasting colors. You look gorg!

BK said...

love that color on you !! dresses and sweaters are my fav new trend. you look great flying :)
http://simplyblanca.blogspot.com/

Shandi said...

That's a great outfit, too bad the wind had to go and ruin it. My college town was always super windy and I'd always forget that and wear a skirt. Then I end up just holding my skirt all day.

C-Bru said...

You look so beautiful! This outfit is perfection.

Mattie Babb said...

Loving your hair in this one, Rams.
And p.s. I always love your backgrounds. They remind me of home.

x.o. Mattie

Camille said...

I love these colors! Very pretty, the wind works for you!

Unknown said...

absolutely love this combo. the gray sweater is so cute with your pink skirt.

Anonymous said...

i love how unexpected yet wonderful this outfit is.