Pages

\

Saturday, April 9, 2011

A birthday party

IMG_0017IMG_0016


The birthday girl!

IMG_0007


My great aunt and grandma


IMG_0012


First off, I would like to send each of you a hug and a thank you for your tremendously wonderful response to our pictures! Whew...my arms are tired. Seriously guys, you are amazing and you give me the warm fuzzies each and every day. We loved them too.


Last night we went to my great aunt's birthday party, which was delicious. And warm. For realz, we had pizza {I filled that quota for the week}, hot pimento cheese dip, chips and dip, fruit and fruit dip {which I will be sharing the recipe for below, I know, right? WHOA! A recipe. Promise its so easy a caveman could do it. Where have I heard that before?}, brownies, and one of my personal faves, strawberry cake and ice cream. Ok, it makes me want some just thinking about it. And the weather, although a bit humid was super warm and nice compared to this nasty cold stuff we had this week. I love birthday parties!

Ok, so a recipe...I am soooo Betty Crocker. This goes awesomely on fruit of all kinds, or shortbread cookies, or your big finger. It's whatever.

1) Cut up your fruit.

2) Use a hand mixer to blend one block of cream cheese with one jar of marshmallow cream.

3) You could totally add a little red food coloring if you want to make it pretty in pink. I figured we have enough red dye in our lives.

4) Dip fruit in and repeat.

OMGeez guys...this stuff will change your life. Seriously, why do we only make it for parties?


And here is a really crummy picture. I promise it was really pretty before we devoured it. I was just too busy stuffing my face to pick up the camera.


IMG_0023


Happy happy Saturday!

Love,

Ramsey

P.S. because this post just wasn't long enough already. She has gorgeous succulents. And she and my grandma are hooking me up with my very own succulent garden. I may just be a bit obsessed with these little darlings. Probably because they can stand up to my gardening thumb of death.


IMG_0021

17 comments:

Tasia |Ruffles and Sequins| said...

bwahahaha! I totally have that gardening thumb of death - my mom doesn't let me near her flower garden :) haha Cute pics :D

Tasia

Sailor July said...

Those flowers, whoa. They are GORGEOUS!!!

Also, wheeee, birthdays!!! Happy Belated B-Day to Her! ^_^

And that dip seems yum!

Gentri said...

Happy Birthday to your Aunt! :) Looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm seriously jealous that it was warm enough to have the party outside... It has been snowing 3 days straight here... :'( I'm excited for your garden. Looks like fun and those flowers are beautiful!

Kathryn said...

Looks like such a fun time! I must try that dip soon, it looks delicious!

Gertrude said...

Haha loved the last comment, I don't understand anything about flowers and plants. Like I only know the names of the very common flowers and that's it. Great pictures! xo

Allie Emme said...

fruit, cream cheese,and marshmallow cream. go it. totally making it.
xx Allie

Alexis Kaye said...

So funny! I saw that recipe on someone else's blog this week! Looks like it's fate for me to try it :)

Anonymous said...

Oh love to see your family! Thanks for the big hug pictures were really cute! ... That fruity dip sounds like fresh perfect dessert and is so easy to make, I'd try anything with marshmallow!

Cess O. <3
The Outfit Diaries

Unknown said...

awww happy birthday to her and you are lovely as usual!!!


<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Anjela said...

hahaha, lovely recipe ;)) Hope she had a very happy birthday!

Regarding your earlier post--you're so adorable together! You mom takes awesome pics for sure, but I think no photographer can fake how happy you both look in the pics ;)

Collections said...

Love your red vest!!

I'm having a $100 dollar Shopbop giftcard GIVEAWAY on my blog! Come check it out :) It's open to international bloggers as well.

Collections Giveaway

Nicole said...

Looks like a great birthday party! Great pics. I make that same fruit dip and it's always a hit! Super yummy.

Hattitude said...

Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

marshmellow cream?? what is marshmellow cream! haha

JB said...

My family's fruit dip recipe is similar, but we add a can of condensed milk. Heaven!

Conny said...

I love to see how happy everyone is around each other! There really is nothing better than Family. :) Pastries come in second place. :P

Rissy said...

I'm dying over your little vest AND hat.

I also kind of want all that food now... I may be making a puppy dog face at my mom tonight to get myself a pizza ; )

CarissaExplainsItAll

rlutz said...

cream cheese and marshmallow...yummm!!