Pages

\

Monday, November 30, 2009

Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!!!

I thought I would share a little Christmas cheer from around the house with you guys since I've been in the Christmas spirit since about October!!! (yea, I don't really speak in exclamaitions all the time I'm just addicted to exclamaition points for some reason).
Anywho, here is the mantle. I think we should add a big mirror behind the three wisemen because it needs some height, what do you think?

And the dining room table.
And here is the Christmas Tree, we used all gold ornaments last year, but decided to add some lime green this year and it looks AMAZING!!! So pretty! Sorry,the lime green doesn't really show up in this picture.

Here is an up close of the sparkly green.

And if you are in the mood to get crafty and make a few ornaments of your own, here is a great recipe:
What ya need is:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
3/4 cup water
cinnamon
Before I start, let me just say this makes a LOT of ornaments.feel free to cut the recipe in half if you are only looking to make a few. Also, this is a great project for kids! Its not really messy and is fun like play dough.

So alls ya have to do is mix the flour, salt and water together and add cinnamon (or nutmeg, or allspice) as desired. Now just go for it like a bull rider at a rodeo. Use some cookie cutters and personalize your creations as desired. Don't forget to add a hole to hang by. I sprinkled mine with extra cinnamon because when the lights from the Christmas tree warm the ornament, it gives off a yummy scent. Place ornaments on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes. Cool and add some pretty ribbon.


Hope you enjoy your ornaments! By the way, everyone does look at you funny when you are crawling around the Christmas tree with a camera trying to get a close up, I'm sure you can picture it and yes, it looks ridiculous.

Thanks for reading!

Love until next time,
Ramsey
Linking up to:
The DIY Show OffDIY Day @ ASPTL

9 comments:

Moore Minutes said...

Oh so beautiful! Yes, I agree...a mirror would be ideal behind the wise men, good call. And I LOVE LOVE the mixture of gold with light green! Gorgeous.

Michele said...

Love your decorations...just found you from Kimba's. I'm going to add you to my favorites and follow you if that's okay! I love crafting and glitter...lol, it's all over the house, even my new grandbaby!!!

Hugz,
Michele

Anonymous said...

What great style! Love your decor...especially your mantle! Found you through Kimba and am a new follower!
I linked up a DYI burlap and ruffle ottoman that you might like, check it out if you get a chance:)

Julie said...

Great looking Christmas Decorations. I love the gold!

Aubrey said...

Hi! Thanks for the recipe me and the kids will make these tomorrow! It's a tradition every year that my kids and I fashion our own ornaments. I also did gold this year...red and gold...I do love the green with the gold too! Have a wonderful week! God bless~aubrey

Delightful Dwelling said...

You decorations are gorgeous!

Uniquely Ella said...

OMG you are so good, love the decor, specially the tree. Merry Merry.

Brook said...

Your tree is beautimus!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Everything looks so pretty!