Pages

\

Friday, November 27, 2009

From Junky to Funky

My sister has been wanting to redo her room for some time now and we finally got around to doing it! She has the coolest personality and she wanted to do something different with her bedroom to match. With nothing more than a little (okay, well a LOTof) paint and a few accessories, we took the room from kid/tween to studio apartment/lounge.

Before the walls were a pale green color and the whole room just had a cluttered feeling with posters and memorabelia EVERYWHERE. The idea was cute but it was definately time for an upgrade.

View from the door



Here is the new look!
One wall is cement gray all accessories kept simple in pink and black.



2 walls are an awesome shade of apple green. LOVE LOVE LOVE this color!



The other wall is dark magenta. (don't be stupid and anxious like we were! PRIME!!!) The 3-wall combo looks amazing! LOVE the records on the wall! We also did away with the headboard to give the bed a more loungy look.


Here is an upclose of the fab black chandelier that we bought for 1/2 price at Hobby Lobby ($25!) and Handy Manny(aka my boyfriend, Dusty) hung it for us.


So what do you think? Isn't it amazing what a little paint can do?

Now I'm off to Gainsville to go watch this

V.

GOOOO SEMINOLES!!!!!
P.S. I still love you Gator fans too!

XOXO
Ramsey

2 comments:

Moore Minutes said...

This room is incredible! It looks amazing and I love the colors. I am new to your blog and SO enjoying it.

Uniquely Ella said...

Cute, cute, cute. I love your blog you also like to decorate. I'm new to blogging and I just became your follower. I found you though Damaris. Looking foward to getting to know you.