Pages

\

Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Crack


Have you tried this stuff? Let me just tell you...it is AMAZING! I shared it here last year, but I will post the recipe again in case any of you have not jumped on the crack wagon. In addition to the fact that I have never met a food that was more aptly named, crack is SUPER easy (and cheap) and makes an excellent gift for anyone on your list. Seriously, I made a pretty insane number of batches of this last year and everyone loves it! Who wouldn't love it? Crunchy, toffee, chocolatey deliciousness! So, without further ado, Christmas Crack:
You will need:
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
About 1 1/2 sleeves of saltines
1 12 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Boil the butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan for 3 minutes. Line a jellyroll pan with saltines. Pour boiling mixture over saltines and spread out to cover completely. Bake the whole thing at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and allow it to sit for a minute or so while the chips melt. Then, spread the chocolate to cover. Cool and place in the fridge (or freezer if you can't wait!) for a few minutes until hardened. Crack into small (or large) chunks.
Seriously...that is it! Have you ever heard of a candy so simple?
You should probably make two pans if you intend to give this away because I assure you, if you eat one piece, half of the pan will be gone before you know it...I'm just sayin'.

Looks like I will be running more hills tomorrow!

Enjoy!

Ramsey

1 comments:

Perfectly Jenn said...

um I loved your recipe so much that I decided to do an holiday inspiration post and blogged about you!
http://perfectlyimperfectjenn.blogspot.com/2010/12/holiday-inspiration.html