Pages

\

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend at the Lake in Pictures

Howdy folks! I hope you all had a spectacular Thanksgiving! Ours was about 80 degrees, so positively bitter, but was wonderful nonetheless! After stuffing our bellies full of Thanksgivingy goodness, we headed off for the lake...to nap and eat some more...he he. It was so nice having the chance to slow down and do absolutely nothing before the big Christmas rush (and final exams). We just finished putting up all of the Christmas decorations...YAY...so now I am sitting here (in my sweats because I am trying to avoid the inevitable guilt I would feel if I donned a pair of jeans only to discover the post-gluttonous weekend bloat clinging to my middle) enjoying a fire under a garland clad mantle that is frosted with twinkle lights. I am also attempting to ignore the fact that I will spend tomorrow burying my nose in an oh so depressing book and cranking out the remainder of my dreaded twelve page term paper about the late dictator, Joseph Stalin. Of course, this is after I hit some mean hills to try to prevent the lovely fluff that I fear will envelop my buttocks if I fail to crack down between now and Christmas. But that is for tomorrow, for now, I will enjoy a pork chop dinner and some apple cider and spend some time with Martha (yes, we crafters know her on a first name basis) and her wonderful Christmas ideas.

Here are some pictures from our trip to the lake, hope you enjoy!
View from our back door.

Our adopted doggie for the weekend.

Cutter sporting his new birthday garnet and gold bandana...go Noles!

Turkey frying 101 with Dusty.

Thanks for stopping by!

Ramsey

0 comments: