Pages

\

Sunday, April 4, 2010

YUM YUM Coconut Pineapple Cake!

I made this cake for Easter and didn't want to post the recipe until i decided if it was good or not. By the time I thought to take a picture of the cake, it was ALL GONE! I got a craving the other day for some yummy fruity cake and this is what I came up with...and, of course, it's starts with a boxed mix. Soapbox moment! Boxed cake mixes are a miracle worker! You can completely mix them up a million different ways and (my favorite part) you can usually find them on sale for $1! Here We Go!
Coconut Pineapple Cake
1 boxed cake mix (I used pineapple cake, but you can use plain yellow if you want)
1 small can crushed pineapple
1 bag shredded coconut
2 tbsp. mayo
2 tbsp. cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
Mix the boxed cake mix as directed on back of box, except add one extra egg. Drain the crushed pineapple thoroughly and dump it into the cake mix. Reserve juice from the drained pineapple for some glaze later. Add in the cream cheese and mayo to keep it nice and miost. Finally, stir in about 1/2 cup of your coconut. Now don't eat all of the batter before you can get it into the cake pan! Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and pour your batter into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake the cake for about an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when stuck into the middle. Mix powdered sugar with pineapple juice until it reaches the desired consistency. When the cake is completely cooled, pour the glaze over the cake and sprinkle with left over coconut...OMG this is SOOO good! If you want your cake to be super moist, bake it a few days in advance and freeze it until you're ready to eat.
Hope you enjoy and I hope you all had a wonderfully happy Easter!
Lots of love to you all!
Ramsey
Linking to:
The DIY Show Off

4 comments:

Atticmag said...

Thanks for the recipe. I always like new ones. Hope you'll come by Atticmag for our really useful giveaway. -- Jane F.

Jocelyn said...

Sounds delish!!! I might just have to make one!

Megan Gunyan said...

Mmmmm....good. I would love to see a picture, because nothing ever turns out like it should when I attempt to bake! Ha!

I would love for you to check out my site for a spring block giveaway! Have a great day!
alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

Mom2fur said...

I'm bookmarking this one! It sounds delicious and easy--my kind of recipe! Thanks!