Pages

\

Monday, January 18, 2010

Ruffle Booty Onesie Take 2

I posted a tutorial for a cute ruffle-bootie onesie last week here, but since then I have created version #2 to share with you. Can you tell that I'm a ruffle addict???
You will need 2 strips of fabric that are twice as long as your onesie and twice as wide as you want your ruffles to be. Fold down the ends twice and iron. Fold the strips in half with the inside facing outward and iron. See picture for what this should look like.

Sew a seam down the length of the strip as shown.

Turn the strip inside out and iron. Yup, you'll be using the old iron alot for this one.

Sew a basting stitch (instructions here) down the length of the strip along the top.

Pull the thread to create a ruffle and tie it off to the length you need it to be for the onesie. Pin the ruffle onto the onesie upside down and sew in place. Iron the ruffle down and sew along the top of ruffle. See the bottom ruffle in the next picture.


Repeat for the second ruffle.






Here's what it looks like when you're done.


I added a cute little applique to the front using transfer paper to cutsie it up a bit.




Let me know if you make one, I'd love to see it!
God Bless and have a great day!
Ramsey
Linking to:
Make it Monday at Cottage Instincts

3 comments:

cindy said...

Um, so where where you and your cute self and talent when my 3 girls were little? Actually you were prolly a baby too :)

So sticking adorable, makes me crave grandgirls RIGHT NOW.

Glad you could Mi4M!

Uniquely Ella said...

tooooo cute.
xxx

Unknown said...

So so cute! I love all things with ruffles - great job!