Pages

\

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Yes

 photo IMG_9051.gif
 
 photo IMG_9055.gif
 
 photo IMG_9059.gif

 photo IMG_9052.gif
 
Dress and Jacket: F21, Shoes: Old Navy, Bag: The Limited
 
These pictures look funky again.  I can't seem to get it together for Blogger.  I swear somewhere down in there I am a professional.  Speaking of professional, these photos were taken pre-hair and makeup.  It was either this or nothing at all, and, well, I had new shoes on, so the choice was kind of obvious.
On to the point behind that title.  In case you haven't guessed it yet.  I am a "yes" sayer.  Yes, I can take six law classes this semester.  Yes, I can run my own business while I'm in school.  Yes, I can shoot two to three sessions every weekend and then have them edited and delivered the following week.  Yes, I can take home extra research from my internship to do in my "spare time."  Yes, I can take on a kitchen re-do project with my mom in the evenings.  I'm sure the point has been made.  And despite the fact that I would consider my "yesness" to be somewhat of a negative overall, it also pushes me to the outer limits of my personal boundaries and lets me see exactly what I can do.  I certainly don't think I could carry a load like this forever.  I'll have to cut back to something more reasonable eventually.  But I also didn't know I was capable of carrying a load like this at all.  And while I may not be excelling at everything all at once, I still squeeze in class reading and research in between classes and my clients are still getting their pictures on time.  I'm still booking sessions and accomplishing goals on my to-do list.  I'm still staying afloat.  And I'm pretty proud of that.  So, while I'm not Superwoman, I'm proving myself to myself.  You can't overcome your fear of heights while standing on the ground.
 
Love,
Ramsey


4 comments:

Alissa said...

I think your photos look great. The polka dot dress is so cute!

My Life as Whitney said...

You are adorable. So glad you are blogging again!

Ashley J said...

Your hair is getting so long! Pretty...

allie margaret said...

aint that the truth! i'm always amazed at how much i can do if i'm pushed against a wall and basically don't have any other choice. like you said, i'll have to cut back on something eventually. but its a pretty "good job" feeling being all can-do