Pages

\

Saturday, December 17, 2011

I missed you

Humph. So the only pictures I have to post for you guys tonight are from mom's sweet Polar Express Party on Thursday. She teaches third grade and the whole school celebrated. I would say our classroom rocked the whole thing. But I'm not biased or anything. Here we are in our pajamas. I also wore these pajamas to the drug store to print pictures of each child (that I took looking stinking aaadorable in a Santa hat in front of the Christmas tree) for their parents' gifts. That wasn't awkward at all. Especially the girl who stopped me to say...after giving me two up-down stares..."I like............your hat." Righto lady. Jsyk this is totally my normal getup and I'm here every thursday thankyaverymuch. Oh, and mom is going to kill me for posting this picture with her eyes closed but it's all I've got so I'm taking that risk.

IMG_5653

Mommy and cute sister in their PJ best for the par-tay.

IMG_5652

My station was s'mores. And it totally ruled. These kids seriously know what they are talking about when it comes to roasted marshmallows. Ok, sugar in general. The experience made me want to go campin for real.

IMG_5659

Do you not just want to hug them to pieces?

IMG_5660


IMG_5661

I took a little blog break to get me through my exams without my head exploding. Victorious! Head is still intact. In other news, I finished finals. They stunk major. I'm almost finished with my Christmas shopping minus one more running-around day. My doggy ran away but we found him. (three days later after I had a heart attack) I will probably sleep on the couch again tonight for the 20th time this week (don't check my math on that) because my room currently looks like and episode of hoarders and I would have a mild anxiety attack if I tried to get some shut eye in there. I have been surviving for the past week plus on a diet of cookies and chocolate. FYI, that is a major shock to the body and is largely not recommended although I'm sure I've done Santa proud. I'm trying to wean myself off of sugar and back onto whole grains and vegetables so I can function like a normal human being. For some strange reason I just felt completely compelled to post this tonight. Even though I babysat and adorable munchkin until 11, thought I was done for the night and then came home, made homemade granola, and finished a counter-full of just-been-started Christmas crafts. And now it's 2:15. But the tree is surrounded by presents that were unfinished and unwrapped this afternoon...and THAT is something, my friends. Ok, my sore brain has nothing left to spout out right now and a furry puppy and warm blanky are calling my name. Or maybe that's just me hallucinating from exhaustion. Hope to talk to you guys again soon! We have lots of catching up to do!

Love,

Ramsey

18 comments:

Gentri said...

I've missssed yoooooou!! I was so excited to see that you posted! :) I'm glad you are alive and well after finals and had a fun party to attend. :)

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you survived finals! I've been totally living on chocolate and cookies through my finals too and it was a bad idea.

Anonymous said...

We missed you too Rmasey! So glad to hear you made it through finals. Congrats! Now, relax and enjoy your vacation quick before you have to go back :)

KT said...

I've missed you! I kept checking back every day (but I follow enough law student/bloggers to know that it was finals week and that I don't ever want to go to law school)!

I'm bummed 1. that I didn't get to wear pjs and have Polar Express Days when I was in elementary school and 2. that it's considered a dress code violation to wear pjs in high school (I'm a teacher). Although it didn't stop that guy from showing up for finals in silk, Playboy bunny pajamas. What!?!?

Merry Christmas and welcome back!

Katie- Hems For Her

Dee Paulino said...

congrats on being done with finals ;)

Anonymous said...

Awe, the polar express party looks like so much fun! Definitely my kinda party ;p And you guys are so cute in your pajamas!

xo,
jessie

Anonymous said...

Those kids look like they had a great time and you look adorable!

steffy said...

Ramsey, this looks like so much fun. What adorable kids. And your hat... is totally cute.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

PJ day at school was awesome! Looks fun!

Laynah said...

HOW fun! Any party where it's acceptable to wear pajamas is probably the bee's knees. You look adorable in your pj's btw.

Glad that your head is still intack and you got some wrapping done! I actually haven't even started my Christmas shopping so I totally feel you on the overwhelmed-ness.

Anonymous said...

So lovely to see a post from you, and to see your head is still attached to your body ha ha! Polar Express party? that's one awesome theme including pj's!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Mandy said...

I love your hat!

http://msquareddaily.blogspot.com

Elise said...

I missed your funny posts ramsey! glad to hear you survived finals!

Elise said...

I missed your funny posts ramsey! glad to hear you survived finals!

Marisa A. said...

Yay glad you're back! Those kids are so cute, and I would looovee to try one of their s'mores! Also so glad you found your dog :)

katie said...

Missed your posts! Congrats on finishing your finals, I definitely know how that feels having just finished mine and graduated this past weekend!! Now time to enjoy your break :)

Rin said...

I'm super jealous of your mom being able to wear jammies to school. I'm a teacher too, but high school, so jammies aren't in any way cute. They're creepy. Your getup is too cute.

sara soda said...

I am totally cracking up right now, I've been sleeping in my living room for the past week because my room is such a mess!! And I didn't have time to clean it and do laundry until today, so I think my bed and I will finally be reunited tonight. The husband is definitely grateful. Sleeping on the floor by the Christmas tree once is fun, twice is a little wearing, and seven times is just ridiculous. Glad you made it through the first semester of law school intact!