Pants, Button-up, Glasses: c/o Karen Kane, Shoes: Nine West, Bracelet: c/o Mimi's, Necklace and earrings: c/o Sparkle, Chain necklace: F21
I realized this morning that I am one of those people who goes through a general process in the mornings trying to get dressed. I mean yes, some days a strike of creative lightening strikes and I'm Ms. Gotittagetha britches, but lets be honest, most mornings I stand there with a blank-eyed stare in front of my closet, thirty minutes before I'm scheduled to leave the house without a clue. Hence the 8-step process.
1. Check legs for prickliness. Negative on the skirt.
2. Decide whether or not there is time to iron anyting. Decide that who am I kidding? Not a chance I would iron anything if I did have time.
3. Approach the minimally wrinkled section of my wardrobe. Black pants. Check. Brush off the dog hair which somehow manages to land on every immobile (and some mobile) surface of my bedroom.
4. Take a break to go pack lunch.
5. Asses the weather situation for the day to determine whether layering would be within the remote realm of possibilities. Nope. Not unless I want to sweat my tush butt off. Option B: Button-up.
6. Throw on whatever gold jewelry I can get my hands on in about 10 seconds.
7. Hair in pony, concealer applied.
8. Decide I look like an 80-year old and add stacked sandals to ammend.
And the glasses round out the whole mascara-free bit and we're done. Oh and imagine the gracefulness of this process as I'm sleepy and grumpy, partially blind, and 80 percent uncoordinated. Ok, that's about right.